Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck with recent Y SR orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told due to the past Easter holiday the transport team was not operating last Friday sat Sunday. They resume transport today and will arrive 2-3 days setting up for this weekend deliveries for socal.

Anybody else showing their range above 250 for their SRY?

7E1AD46F-9493-4DC4-8E52-5381B394E834.png

Reactions: smashcz
So Tesla owes over a billion in fines at 200k each? I have never seen a Tesla delivered with a Monroney sticker. It is part of their delivery prep to remove them.
1) What fines are you talking about?
2) I don’t think anybody here is looking for free dual motor upgrade. Just discussion on what the sticker actually says vs what was advertised vs what was actually delivered. At no point was the SR advertised as dual motor so I wouldn’t expect it to have one. It is interesting the sticker claims a front motor is installed.
3) I would certainly hope that EVERY Tesla is delivered with a sticker. A delivery team purposely removing them seems illegal.

Here is what waiting for me on the dashboard of my car. I’ve received/kept this sticker from every new vehicle I’ve ever purchased. I’ve blocked out the last 3 digits of my VIN for privacy.

2899ABCB-3BEC-4D68-91F0-B4FD4C381798.jpeg

So I finally switched mine from percentage to miles and it shows 244. This is my first EV, but I've heard the battery/range will fluctuate quite a bit the first year before settling down. At that point, battery health will slowly decline YoY. I believe Tesla warranties for 70% or higher capacity for the first 8 years.

Hopefully taking the mrs car to work today to compare efficiency to my 3. Will see what numbers I get when I plug in at work. Are you still on 2020.47 (what ours was delivered with) or did you get a software update?
I did in fact get a software update. It showed up
I did it immediately. The car is currently in service, I had some panel gaps and realignments that needed adjustments.
1) What fines are you talking about?
2) I don’t think anybody here is looking for free dual motor upgrade. Just discussion on what the sticker actually says vs what was advertised vs what was actually delivered. At no point was the SR advertised as dual motor so I wouldn’t expect it to have one. It is interesting the sticker claims a front motor is installed.
3) I would certainly hope that EVERY Tesla is delivered with a sticker. A delivery team purposely removing them seems illegal.

Here is what waiting for me on the dashboard of my car. I’ve received/kept this sticker from every new vehicle I’ve ever purchased. I’ve blocked out the last 3 digits of my VIN for privacy.

View attachment 651760

You know, I watched this video. At the 2 min mark, this guy says ALL Model Y’s come with two motors, including the SR. He could and is possibly wrong but I still don’t think the cars are equally as fast from take-off and certainly not at higher speeds. Thus, one could easily assume; the car is much heavier than a SR+ and doesn’t move as quickly and therefore there are two motors but only one is turned on. But why would Tesla do that?

But in general the Model Y will naturally be heavier.

I did in fact get a software update. It showed up
I did it immediately. The car is currently in service, I had some panel gaps and realignments that needed adjustments.

You know, I watched this video. At the 2 min mark, this guy says ALL Model Y’s come with two motors, including the SR. He could and is possibly wrong but I still don’t think the cars are equally as fast from take-off and certainly not at higher speeds. Thus, one could easily assume; the car is much heavier than a SR+ and doesn’t move as quickly and therefore there are two motors but only one is turned on. But why would Tesla do that?

But in general the Model Y will naturally be heavier.

Hmm.. interesting take. I guess Tesla could have installed both motors. Hell could have even software limited the battery capacity. I mean after all every Y is sold with the premium interior, to include the YSR.

You know what would be REALLY crazy if they basically built a software locked LR.. sold it as an SR.. with some sort of plan to unlock those features later for $10K. I probably still wouldn't budge.. as if anything the SR has proven more than capable of meeting my driving needs for 99% of what I intend to do with the vehicle and I'd rather save the $10K for something in the future like the Cybertruck. But I do imagine there are few people out there who simply bought the SR because it was the cheapest Y.. and would later jump at the chance to upgrade to the LR if their budget changes in the future.

That said.. from what Im aware.. the SR is 500lbs lighter than the LR because it lacks the front motor + electronics and the battery is 25% smaller. That 500lb weight savings is what allows the SR to be so efficient. Having driven 1350 miles already Im getting real world numbers of 230wh/mi city and 270wh/mi highway @ 65mph with climate set to 70 every time I drive. I'm expecting those numbers to improve slightly as Im really just learning how to drive the vehicle efficiently.

Reactions: RedWhite19

View attachment 651375
A20A26D2-AA0C-4601-A90F-D2E7F7416D07.png

Nope. Shorted a mile already!

Who is going to remove the aero shield and check for a motor? Also, keep in mind gvwr. There is a 238 lb difference between a 2020 M3 and a 2021 MY. A LR 3 battery weighs 480kg, SR+ weighs 378. That’s 224 lb more. So if you think we have a software locked LR RWD then the taller body, laminated front windows, subwoofer, etc, together weigh only 14 lb? Or throw in another motor if you think you have a locked LR AWD and still get all that for 14 lb? The most likely is an extra motor but still SR battery so the 238 lb difference would be taller body, laminated glass, subwoofer, and extra motor. Still not buying that.

Hmm.. interesting take. I guess Tesla could have installed both motors. Hell could have even software limited the battery capacity. I mean after all every Y is sold with the premium interior, to include the YSR.

You know what would be REALLY crazy if they basically built a software locked LR.. sold it as an SR.. with some sort of plan to unlock those features later for $10K. I probably still wouldn't budge.. as if anything the SR has proven more than capable of meeting my driving needs for 99% of what I intend to do with the vehicle and I'd rather save the $10K for something in the future like the Cybertruck. But I do imagine there are few people out there who simply bought the SR because it was the cheapest Y.. and would later jump at the chance to upgrade to the LR if their budget changes in the future.

That said.. from what Im aware.. the SR is 500lbs lighter than the LR because it lacks the front motor + electronics and the battery is 25% smaller. That 500lb weight savings is what allows the SR to be so efficient. Having driven 1350 miles already Im getting real world numbers of 230wh/mi city and 270wh/mi highway @ 65mph with climate set to 70 every time I drive. I'm expecting those numbers to improve slightly as Im really just learning how to drive the vehicle efficiently.

I agree. Even if Tesla said “You have an option to unlock the front motor for this amount” I would likely decline it. Range doesn’t matter for me. I still have my SR+ and I also have my gas powered 3 series. I do not do long road trips, I fly, and even if I did, I world rent. Furthest I’d take one of my Tesla’s would be LA to Santa Barbara. If I wanted to dive LA to Vegas, I’d rent. I just found the SR MY to be a wonderful deal. You get so much for so little(Compared to other EV’s out there).

But it is a pretty big blunder on Tesla’s part to state there are two motors in the car. Then again, Tesla is not really known for their attention to detail.
Anybody else get the feeling now that Q1 is over.. the YSR is coming back?
Tough to say. Maybe they will, give it a bit more range but could strip the premium options.

View attachment 651840

Who is going to remove the aero shield and check for a motor? Also, keep in mind gvwr. There is a 238 lb difference between a 2020 M3 and a 2021 MY. A LR 3 battery weighs 480kg, SR+ weighs 378. That’s 224 lb more. So if you think we have a software locked LR RWD then the taller body, laminated front windows, subwoofer, etc, together weigh only 14 lb? Or throw in another motor if you think you have a locked LR AWD and still get all that for 14 lb? The most likely is an extra motor but still SR battery so the 238 lb difference would be taller body, laminated glass, subwoofer, and extra motor. Still not buying that.
I tend to agree. I don’t think there is a second motor. But it is interesting you say that the Model Y SR and Model 3 SR+ weight difference is less than 250. It feels much heavier.

How was the drive? Did you feel a difference?

View attachment 651840

I've checked, on my MY SR, no front motor. there is a big empty space where it would be. you can see it if you climb under and look through the wheel well, you dont have to take off the aero shield. also there are no cv joints to front wheels. I believe it was a lazy mistake by Tesla to not correct their stickers on the model y SR (mine says I have a front motor...), and i highly doubt Tesla has any legal requirement to supply front motors just because it says it's included on the window sticker. but I could be wrong about that...

I've checked, on my MY SR, no front motor. there is a big empty space where it would be. you can see it if you climb under and look through the wheel well, you dont have to take off the aero shield. also there are no cv joints to front wheels. I believe it was a lazy mistake by Tesla to not correct their stickers on the model y SR (mine says I have a front motor...), and i highly doubt Tesla has any legal requirement to supply front motors just because it says it's included on the window sticker. but I could be wrong about that...

Give it a few years. There will be a lawsuit, and then all of us will ultimately receive our now outdated missing-front-motor. Can put it into a glass box or something cool.

Good news to all MY SR buyers. Just saw my first MY SR in the Tesla delivery center when I took my nephew to pick up his Model 3 LR. It was exactly the same config that I would’ve gotten if I didn’t change my order to the MY LR. Anyway, it was the only SR in a group of 3 MYs waiting to be delivered. Cheers!

Attachments

• 069060BD-3068-412D-AB7A-B8EBA43EC201.jpeg
    069060BD-3068-412D-AB7A-B8EBA43EC201.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 59
I agree. Even if Tesla said “You have an option to unlock the front motor for this amount” I would likely decline it. Range doesn’t matter for me. I still have my SR+ and I also have my gas powered 3 series. I do not do long road trips, I fly, and even if I did, I world rent. Furthest I’d take one of my Tesla’s would be LA to Santa Barbara. If I wanted to dive LA to Vegas, I’d rent. I just found the SR MY to be a wonderful deal. You get so much for so little(Compared to other EV’s out there).

But it is a pretty big blunder on Tesla’s part to state there are two motors in the car. Then again, Tesla is not really known for their attention to detail.

Tough to say. Maybe they will, give it a bit more range but could strip the premium options.

I tend to agree. I don’t think there is a second motor. But it is interesting you say that the Model Y SR and Model 3 SR+ weight difference is less than 250. It feels much heavier.

How was the drive? Did you feel a difference?
Drive was good. Definitely felt a little less planted due to the extra height, larger tires and extra weight. But more body roll. And doing the full drive it didn’t feel a tick or two slower than the 3. Guessing the 0-60 time is the same as the Monroney sticker. Careless copying mistake.

Good news to all MY SR buyers. Just saw my first MY SR in the Tesla delivery center when I took my nephew to pick up his Model 3 LR. It was exactly the same config that I would’ve gotten if I didn’t change my order to the MY LR. Anyway, it was the only SR in a group of 3 MYs waiting to be delivered. Cheers!
Congrats! Looks like Burbank. I picked up from that location.