Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck with recent Y SR orders?

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
I sure hope this is an instance of skipping around on vins, otherwise they have produced 13,000 MYs since 3/31. That’s two weeks. That would be over 330,000 extrapolated to a full year. But it doesn’t make sense why they’d skip around within the exact same specification.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
I think it is safe to say that 2.5 months in, we don’t need to report on the console or the heated wheel. All the cars built prior to 2/15 have been delivered.

Now, it will only be the new door trim.

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I think it is safe to say that 2.5 months in, we don’t need to report on the console or the heated wheel. All the cars built prior to 2/15 have been delivered.

Now, it will only be the new door trim.
Don't forget about the projector beam headlights that have yet to appear on the Long Range Model Y (in the US.)

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
Those will not come to the SR. There can’t be many more orders leftover to fulfill and I doubt they’d switch to a new wiring harness for a vehicle that isn’t being sold any more.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Napa, CA
Like my prior comment on the console, I think it’s safe to say we don’t need to comment on MY SR deliveries that don’t have the new headlights. It’s not happening for the SR. They aren’t taking new orders so why would they retool the production line with new wiring harnesses for new headlights when they may only make a few more? If they reintroduce it in the future (maybe with LFP batteries) then it would likely get whatever the LR has in terms of headlights, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it more like the SR+ M3 without premium interior features.

Reactions: bryan995

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC