Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Mass. residents live in condos and have home charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, thanks.
My situation is a bit more complicated. The meter, conduits, cables, charger and a pole to hang the charger from all have to be on "common property," and my parking space would be in an open lot, so the Board is probably worried about whether or not there is any added liability to the association from my addition of the equipment on common property, presence of an electrical source outdoors and accessible to anyone, etc.

OK, thanks.
My situation is a bit more complicated. The meter, conduits, cables, charger and a pole to hang the charger from all have to be on "common property," and my parking space would be in an open lot, so the Board is probably worried about whether or not there is any added liability to the association from my addition of the equipment on common property, presence of an electrical source outdoors and accessible to anyone, etc.

Good luck. I consider myself very lucky that things were simple for my Tessie. I can see the need for some kind of a lock in your situation.

My latest feedback from the condo management company is that approval for my current proposal is likely at the board's meeting on March 7. There may be conditions or some document I will have to agree to. But I am keeping my fingers crossed -- might finally get to charge at home!

My latest feedback from the condo management company is that approval for my current proposal is likely at the board's meeting on March 7. There may be conditions or some document I will have to agree to. But I am keeping my fingers crossed -- might finally get to charge at home!

As I hear it now, the condo board is content with my proposal in terms of the physical work. But there are some open issues -- They want a "memorandum of understanding' between me and the association, presumably to cover topics related to insurance, liability, maintenance, ultimate removal, etc. (my guesses). They also want to review and maybe approve the documentation for the space I will be leasing from another tenant to make this possible.

So, tantalizingly close! But no work can start quite yet....