Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S owners in Hobart interested in a Custom sized windscreen shade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm in NSW and want to get a windscreen shade made to fit my Model S. I've found a company in Hobart who will do it but they haven't made one for a Model S before therefore don't have a pattern.

So, if there is a Model S owner in Hobart who is interested in getting one made up let me know and I can send you their details.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm in NSW and want to get a windscreen shade made to fit my Model S. I've found a company in Hobart who will do it but they haven't made one for a Model S before therefore don't have a pattern.

So, if there is a Model S owner in Hobart who is interested in getting one made up let me know and I can send you their details.

Thanks!

How about this? ...
http://evnomics.com.au/heatshield-deluxe-gold/

Yes, freight was more than the actual shade from the US, so all up close to AUS$200 which I find difficult to justify just for a windscreen shade! Anyway the guy in Hobart has now got hold of a Model S and is making a pattern up. I'll post once I get it and let whoever is interested know how it goes. Thanks!

I think Froot sound silly, I'll still with Frunk.... And even though Trunk is typically American (for an American car) I bet more Australian's will understand the connection between Frunk and Trunk than Boot and Froot.... not meaning to sound politically incorrect but Froot sound closer what Australia's used to nick name part of the male community....

I can now say 'she's got junk in her frunk' ;-)

-ECIT

Yes, freight was more than the actual shade from the US, so all up close to AUS$200 which I find difficult to justify just for a windscreen shade! Anyway the guy in Hobart has now got hold of a Model S and is making a pattern up. I'll post once I get it and let whoever is interested know how it goes. Thanks!

Hi guys - freight is only $10? I don't understand how you got to $200.

More will be coming in next year.

Hi, all the US sites I could find with it added freight of over $100US. This didn't include the cost of the shade itself. I looked at evnomics.com.au but it just said not available with no ETA. I need one sooner rather than later as my car can be parked outside all day in the sun. FYI, I've also got the Tesla rear window and sunroof shades which are excellent.

Yes, I've ordered a heap from the US over the years and can't believe how much freight can vary from site to site. The same product can cost $30 from one supplier and $150 from other with the same ETA. I actually use a freight fowarder myus.com for the larger items and their rates can be impressive (I once got 2 x 25 foot boat rails weighing 25kg delivered to my door overnight for $150AU. They go on about people buying over the Internet to save money but I think much of the time is that people just can't find the items they need in Australia...