Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is curious, if you select “Hold my place in line” you get another questionnaire asking if you are waiting for the base model, the dual motor, or some other date with an option to choose a month.

They then say you will get another email after your options are available. I filled this out so that they can pass me over for first production since I want AWD. Just doing my small part to keep things moving. :)

View attachment 266859 View attachment 266860
Dies that mean awd will be available in January...??? Good news, now build my P75DL+ already....

Dies that mean awd will be available in January...??? Good news, now build my P75DL+ already....
No, That's a separate pull down you can fill in to let them know when you'd like to take delivery. But if the option isn't available yet you'll obviously still have to wait. That selection is really only helpful to Tesla if you choose a date later than when the option becomes available.

^^^ I wish that was me... Enjoy !

Picked up my wife’s Model 3 today at Fremont. Vin 2545! The car has exceeded all my expectations. It’s quick, feels very tight and nimble. The suspension is very sporty, possibly too sporty. The seats are comfortable. The navigation is light years ahead of Model S, I really hope the Model S gets the vector maps and new nav voice. AP calibrated in only 35 miles and works very well right from the start. Regen is nice and strong even though only RWD.

The only things that seems missing to me:

1. No way to schedule charging at specific time, seems blacked out. Hopefully software fix coming soon.

2. The right scroll wheel does nothing in regular driving. IMO it should be fan speed control. That is how I have our S configrudrd.

The Model 3 is a home run. It’s a game changer.

Picked up my wife’s Model 3 today at Fremont. Vin 2545! The car has exceeded all my expectations. It’s quick, feels very tight and nimble. The suspension is very sporty, possibly too sporty. The seats are comfortable. The navigation is light years ahead of Model S, I really hope the Model S gets the vector maps and new nav voice. AP calibrated in only 35 miles and works very well right from the start. Regen is nice and strong even though only RWD.

1. No way to schedule charging at specific time, seems blacked out. Hopefully software fix coming soon.

2. The right scroll wheel does nothing in regular driving. IMO it should be fan speed control. That is how I have our S configrudrd.

Congrats! Do you have some info on Wh/mi?

Nice to hear your enthusiasm! Have you driven/owned any sportive ICE cars you can compare the way it handles with?

And 'possibly too sporty' is it a bit uncomfortable?

Nice to hear your enthusiasm! Have you driven/owned any sportive ICE cars you can compare the way it handles with?

And 'possibly too sporty' is it a bit uncomfortable?

No, the car itself is super comfy. Possibly too sporty suspension for pregnant wife (for next several weeks :)) The seats are plush and grip you well. I would wager to say they are more comfortable than our 2017 S90D Latest Generation Leather seats.

The car is sporty for sure. Compared to the S90D air suspension its a bit stiffer and very crisp in turns. Feels like it is on rails. 42PSI all around is the tire pressure set at factory. Oh and we are on the larger sport wheel.

Looking for excuses to go driving it on Christmas :)

40a5bd31-a0b0-4dbc-a691-fc0c7291de3a-jpeg.268631

I checked myTesla today and see that my model 3 has a VIN number assigned. Does anyone know if that means car is produced and could get delivered any day now? Wondering what other recent owners have seen in terms of days/weeks between VIN assignment and call to schedule delivery?

Reservation RN107669711
Ordered/Deposit: 3/31/16
Past Tesla Owner (x3)
Bay Area CA
Invited To Configure: 12/15/17
Configured, Placed 2nd Deposit, Submitted all paperwork: 12/16/17
VIN Assigned: not sure when it was assigned, but it's there today: 12/25/17

Reactions: suwaneedad
No, the car itself is super comfy. Possibly too sporty suspension for pregnant wife (for next several weeks :))

What? pregnant and driving a Model 3?
We have a Odyssey we can trade you for the next several months and we’ll take care of the three. The sliding doors on this thing combined with the plush suspension will be hard to give up, but you can thank us later

I checked myTesla today and see that my model 3 has a VIN number assigned. Does anyone know if that means car is produced and could get delivered any day now? Wondering what other recent owners have seen in terms of days/weeks between VIN assignment and call to schedule delivery?

Reservation RN107669711
Ordered/Deposit: 3/31/16
Past Tesla Owner (x3)
Bay Area CA
Invited To Configure: 12/15/17
Configured, Placed 2nd Deposit, Submitted all paperwork: 12/16/17
VIN Assigned: not sure when it was assigned, but it's there today: 12/25/17

Based on my experience your car is already manufactured and they just need to get it to you. They will call to schedule a pickup at Fremont delivery center.

Our turnaround time was crazy, less than 48 hours from configure to pickup. We also opted out trading in a car to accelerate delivery. Nice lady on the phone was kind enough to get us Christmas Eve pickup slot.

What? pregnant and driving a Model 3?
We have a Odyssey we can trade you for the next several months and we’ll take care of the three. The sliding doors on this thing combined with the plush suspension will be hard to give up, but you can thank us later

As tempting as that sounds my wife has inexplicably fallen in love with the Model 3 from her first drive. For a non-car person she is very excited about this car and just how good everything is.

The UI and 3D maps effect with driving gps puts my model S to shame. Hope new maps comes to S/X soon! Also new UI is buttery smooth. Wish S could upgrade that!

OK, I'm an owner, not an employee and I've been driving my 16 yo daughter's new Model 3 since Saturday. As a very early adapter, I currently own Model S (23rd reservation worldwide) and Model X (#256 reservation worldwide). So here is my opinion on Model 3: For those of you that may have a sliver of worry that it may have an unfinished or cheap look, relax. The car design is amazing, simple and fitting for a full self-driving car all the way around. Drive is quick and nimble, very fun to drive (which is ironic because you may never want to enable self-driving). But I can't get over the clean look, a step beyond my Model S. It totally grows on you quickly. The car's simplicity is breathtaking.

I chose all possible options and I do believe that this car is the most technically advanced car in the world, but you wouldn't know it because of the play-down by Tesla since there is no reason to up-sell a car with over 500K deposited reservations. Instead, the focus is on selling more Model S. Hence, the more 3's in the wild, the more the realization that Model S and X will be due for upgrades/updates. Don't get me wrong, I love my Model S and have no plans to upgrade, even at 130,000 miles.

But I digress. Here are some things missing (a few already stated above):

1. Spotify will be more heavily demanded by owners as the younger crowd such as my daughter takes delivery of the car. Per Tesla, that will happen once the contract with Slacker expires. No one seems willing to disclose that timing.

2. You can't schedule charging of the vehicle because it has been temporarily disabled until a future update.

3. There is no wifi connectivity because it has been temporarily disabled until a future update. This is a bit annoying for me since I do not get cell reception at my home and therefore, no updates will be received until I move the car in an area receiving a cell signal.

4. Your Favorites music stations and your graphic equalizer settings still do not follow the Profile of the driver. Tesla needs to make this seemingly simple feature added. These setting should change to meet the preferences of the individual driver, right?

5. I had to re-boot two times thus far because the sound would disappear. For example, the signal indicator should make a ticking sound (when you signal to turn left or right ) through the sound system, but sometimes it goes a way. When it does, your cell conversation also stops coming out of your speakers, and your music system stops coming out of your speakers. Your entire sound system stops working until you reboot. Can someone tell me if they are also experiencing this problem?

6. If you bought the car with the standard wheels with hubcaps, you can remove the hubcap and the wheel underneath is actually quite nice. So you save on the cost of an upgrade (i think it's $1,500). However, you will need to buy new center caps from Tesla if you want to keep a nice stock look. I think those center caps with the Tesla logos are about $90 a piece (I'm guessing here). But the wheels are a nice surprise.

That's all I have. This car will be wildly popular.

TroyGuy

OK, I'm an owner, not an employee and I've been driving my 16 yo daughter's new Model 3 since Saturday. As a very early adapter, I currently own Model S (23rd reservation worldwide) and Model X (#256 reservation worldwide). So here is my opinion on Model 3: For those of you that may have a sliver of worry that it may have an unfinished or cheap look, relax. The car design is amazing, simple and fitting for a full self-driving car all the way around. Drive is quick and nimble, very fun to drive (which is ironic because you may never want to enable self-driving). But I can't get over the clean look, a step beyond my Model S. It totally grows on you quickly. The car's simplicity is breathtaking.

I chose all possible options and I do believe that this car is the most technically advanced car in the world, but you wouldn't know it because of the play-down by Tesla since there is no reason to up-sell a car with over 500K deposited reservations. Instead, the focus is on selling more Model S. Hence, the more 3's in the wild, the more the realization that Model S and X will be due for upgrades/updates. Don't get me wrong, I love my Model S and have no plans to upgrade, even at 130,000 miles.

But I digress. Here are some things missing (a few already stated above):

1. Spotify will be more heavily demanded by owners as the younger crowd such as my daughter takes delivery of the car. Per Tesla, that will happen once the contract with Slacker expires. No one seems willing to disclose that timing.

2. You can't schedule charging of the vehicle because it has been temporarily disabled until a future update.

3. There is no wifi connectivity because it has been temporarily disabled until a future update. This is a bit annoying for me since I do not get cell reception at my home and therefore, no updates will be received until I move the car in an area receiving a cell signal.

4. Your Favorites music stations and your graphic equalizer settings still do not follow the Profile of the driver. Tesla needs to make this seemingly simple feature added. These setting should change to meet the preferences of the individual driver, right?

5. I had to re-boot two times thus far because the sound would disappear. For example, the signal indicator should make a ticking sound (when you signal to turn left or right ) through the sound system, but sometimes it goes a way. When it does, your cell conversation also stops coming out of your speakers, and your music system stops coming out of your speakers. Your entire sound system stops working until you reboot. Can someone tell me if they are also experiencing this problem?

6. If you bought the car with the standard wheels with hubcaps, you can remove the hubcap and the wheel underneath is actually quite nice. So you save on the cost of an upgrade (i think it's $1,500). However, you will need to buy new center caps from Tesla if you want to keep a nice stock look. I think those center caps with the Tesla logos are about $90 a piece (I'm guessing here). But the wheels are a nice surprise.

That's all I have. This car will be wildly popular.

TroyGuy

I had the same sound issue happen...does your headlight flash when you open the drivers door or shift to park or drive.

I had the same sound issue happen...does your headlight flash when you open the drivers door or shift to park or drive.
I’m not sure. I will pay attention next time I drive and get back. As far as the sound issue, Tesla says to try a total power off for several minutes then power back on. I haven’t tried that yet. Seems like a firmware glitch if you ask me.