Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-Performance 90D take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very excited to be taking delivery of my 90D in Costa Mesa, CA on Wednesday 03/30! Thus far I have been lurking, but will now share my info....

Model X 90D in Midnight Silver Metallic
20" Silver Wheels
Black Leather Seats
Matte Obeche Wood Decor
Seven Seats
72A charger
Autopilot
Premium Upgrade Package
Ultra High Fidelity sound
Subzero weather package
Towing Package

Reserved 01/01/16
Configured 01/11/16
Confirmed 01/18/16
VIN #17xx assigned 03/09/16
Scheduled delivery 03/30/16

Exactly 90 days start to finish!

Congrats, I am still waiting for a VIN on mine but will be taking delivery at Costa Mesa. Who is your DS? Any quality issues? Did you get a sunshade? It was cloudy today but please let me know if the tint on the windshield is adequate.
Thanks

K-MTG when did you reserve? Configure? etc. Have you been assigned a DS yet?
I'm quite surprised since it seems most of the 90D deliveries are all set for CA.

Reserved after the reveal on September 30, 2015. My order confirmed on January 18 for a 70D but I got a call to upgrade my order to a 90D on March 11th for a mid-April delivery but no VIN still. I have a DS, that was assigned a while back like in February.

Reserved after the reveal on September 30, 2015. My order confirmed on January 18 for a 70D but I got a call to upgrade my order to a 90D on March 11th for a mid-April delivery but no VIN still. I have a DS, that was assigned a while back like in February.

I would tell you to reach out to your DS but I can't say that will do any good, as my own DS hasn't really had much to report, other than continually apologizing for the lack of organization or semblance of structure to how these X's are being produced. Chances are though, since you live in CA, you'll likely be receiving your 90D long before many of us who live elsewhere so there is still comfort in that.

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
I was supposed to pick up my car today. Yesterday got 2 VMs from Tesla. The first one was reminding me of the pick up schedule. An hour later or so, the second VM said that the pick up was postponed to 3/31 and asked me to call back to confirm. So I, dutifully, called back at 5:00 pm the delivery center. My DS was away and interesting pickup date could not be confirmed over the phone with the rep, so I was told my DS would call back. He called back later, informing me that the factory was very busy and testing was still in progress and the delivery was pushed out to (wait for it) most likely first week of April, but they will conform as we get closer!
My take, they pushed out a software update, it broke everything related to doors' profiles. So now they have to wait for a fix, before releasing the remaining car(s!)! Anybody else is facing this issue?

Anyhow, I'd rather leave it there and wait for it to work properly, than send it back before the ink is dried on the agreement.

I was supposed to pick up my car today. Yesterday got 2 VMs from Tesla. The first one was reminding me of the pick up schedule. An hour later or so, the second VM said that the pick up was postponed to 3/31 and asked me to call back to confirm. So I, dutifully, called back at 5:00 pm the delivery center. My DS was away and interesting pickup date could not be confirmed over the phone with the rep, so I was told my DS would call back. He called back later, informing me that the factory was very busy and testing was still in progress and the delivery was pushed out to (wait for it) most likely first week of April, but they will conform as we get closer!
My take, they pushed out a software update, it broke everything related to doors' profiles. So now they have to wait for a fix, before releasing the remaining car(s!)! Anybody else is facing this issue?

Anyhow, I'd rather leave it there and wait for it to work properly, than send it back before the ink is dried on the agreement.

You might be on to something here. My delivery has been rescheduled 3 times (3/24 (the date did not work for me, 3/26, 3/28) over the past week. Now it is scheduled for 3/31.

I must say though that so far my experience with Tesla's so called "fabled customer service" has been pretty mediocre at best. The DS team is not responsive at all. It takes multiple emails or calls to get a response. I hope things are much better in the future as a Tesla owner.

I really think that the loyal Tesla customers (including me but it is testing my patience) ) are willing to cut them a lot more slack in terms of our usual standards for a high quality customer experience

I don't think that's the case because they are still delivering X's yesterday, today, and tomorrow

Same here. Mine was scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Mar 30), but deferred to Mar 31. The skeptic in me thinks Tesla are trying to get a whole bunch of cars shipped within their fiscal quarter (their fiscal year = calendar year, which suggests Q1 ends on Mar 31) and are trying to pack as much in which is why so many of us had scheduled dates for the last week of March. Feels like the company is trying to squeeze out as many cars as it can to get good quarterly numbers. Don't blame them. If I were Tesla management, I would want to do the same :)

Why not hold the cars, get everything right and have a huge Q2! Every car they push out in Q1 is a car that can't be counted in Q2

Because of Wall Street. Gotta keep them happy so that the stock price stays healthy. Elon seems to try really hard to think long term and ignore Wall St as much as possible. Unfortunately once public, I think it's impossible to ignore the short-term investors.