Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any opinions/advice on this 2015 70D? Fully loaded @44k

good buy or bad buy for new Tesla owner on a budget

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What you said is true if a 70D can be bought for the mid 30s. Otherwise for the mid 40s, an 85D is a much better value especially considering the OP's 70D was quoted at $44K when that is just about $3,000 away from an 85D.

The dealer will settle for 43k flat. And the main differences, which are important to me, is it has all of the upgraded features. a loaded 70D and a base model85D are about 10k away in pricing from what I’ve seen so far. Obviously mileage and condition of car play a huge factor in pricing as well. Believe me, I’d be going with an 85D all day if i find the right one (the search is still on), but my current financing options leave me in the low-mid 40’s. And I’m a bells and whistles kinda guy. This is a daily driver for my 100mi round trip commute to Sacramento everyday where carpool lanes and not spending 400 a month on gas are king. (Plus the massive discount i’ll Receive on power rates at my house saving me an additional few hundred bucks a month when those 100+ degree summers kick in). I drove it yesterday, the 0-60 in 5.whatever was as fast as i’ll ever need to accelerate, and even if it only actually gets 200 miles i can drive to SF and back without even stopping at one of the many supercharger stations located where i live (Bay Area-Sacramento).

Reactions: P85_DA
What you said is true if a 70D can be bought for the mid 30s. Otherwise for the mid 40s, an 85D is a much better value especially considering the OP's 70D was quoted at $44K when that is just about $3,000 away from an 85D.

I’ve yet to see a 70D, with loaded options, low miles, good condition in the mid 30’s, have you? Ive seen some very stock, older (2013/14’s) in that range but they aren’t exactly a “great buy” other than the obvious low price. Which is a huge factor, and deciding factor, for many. I just haven’t seen one. I’ve also yet to see an 85D, with loaded options and low mileage, in the 40’s. I’d love to. That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Maybe i’ll Get lucky and one will pop up soon :)

I’ve yet to see a 70D, with loaded options, low miles, good condition in the mid 30’s, have you? Ive seen some very stock, older (2013/14’s) in that range but they aren’t exactly a “great buy” other than the obvious low price. Which is a huge factor, and deciding factor, for many. I just haven’t seen one. I’ve also yet to see an 85D, with loaded options and low mileage, in the 40’s. I’d love to. That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Maybe i’ll Get lucky and one will pop up soon :)

I have seen very well equipped 85Ds for the mid to late 40s and if I were you, that's what I'd buy. Unless I find a crazy deal, I would not consider a 70D at all.

I think you have all the information you need now to make your purchase.

One last bit of advice, when you buy your car stop looking at or thinking about car prices and just enjoy the car :)

Here are a few 85Ds in the 40s and you might have room to negotiate from the asking price:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/751491550/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750609704/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/746293273/overview/

Or perhaps you can offer mid to late 40s for this private party 85D

Model S / 2015 / Midnight Silver - c43f5 | Only Used Tesla

Reactions: TapHabit
I have seen very well equipped 85Ds for the mid to late 40s and if I were you, that's what I'd buy. Unless I find a crazy deal, I would not consider a 70D at all.

I think you have all the information you need now to make your purchase.

One last bit of advice, when you buy your car stop looking at or thinking about car prices and just enjoy the car :)

Here are a few 85Ds in the 40s and you might have room to negotiate from the asking price:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/751491550/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750609704/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/746293273/overview/

Or perhaps you can offer mid to late 40s for this private party 85D

Model S / 2015 / Midnight Silver - c43f5 | Only Used Tesla

Thanks for taking the time to post those links, I really appreciate it. One of those is very intriguing to me, and you were right about the pricing. It’s slightly over where I’m at (financing-wise), but you get quite a bit more. Although, there’s options i would still like to add such as the air suspension, premium sound and tech package and wheels which goes back to my original thoughts that it seems for the most part the 85D with limited options are about 10k more than the 70D. As you posted earlier though, i’ll Keep looking. Something should pop up that’s right in the sweet spot. Again, i really appreciate you posting the links to these cars. They look like great deals.

Quick question:
Can anyone confirm the actual range difference and 0-60 difference between the 70d and 85d? I keep seeing 30 extra miles and .6 seconds on the 0-60 time.

Good luck with your search! [

USER=34161]@P85DBeast[/USER] shared the performance specs with you at:Any opinions/advice on this 2015 70D? Fully loaded @44k

The performance and range improvement of the 85D is real and meaningful. Some of the 85Ds I posted are very nicely loaded and some were bought for close to $100K 3 years ago and available now for slightly under 50K making them a great buy.

Reactions: P85_DA
I would try to find an 85D. This is quoted from a Reddit forum "there's not much of a difference between the 85D and the 70D. Here are the areas where the 85D is better"

• 0 to 60 in 4.4 seconds (.8 seconds faster than the 70D)

• 270 miles of range (vs 240 for the 70D)

• Top speed of 155 mph (vs 140 for the 70D)

• Slightly faster supercharging than the 70D
"But those 4 benefits will cost you an extra $10,000. It really depends on what you want out of the car, but I think most people would say that the 70D is a better deal for your money" - Some Reddit User.

Did you buy a Dutch Tesla? When I see you avatar, it looks like this:

Tesla Model S 90D BASE AWD | DEEP BLUE | BLACK-PREMIUM | SUNROOF | N.O.T.K. - AutoSchat Burgum

;). :)

1053E0A5-3CB0-45BE-854B-19FA60BCAC1F.jpeg

Last edited: