Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ANY predictability on whether a new window will be on top or bottom?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, are we saying the change was that instead of windows defaulting to the top half with a tap, only the nav and camera do?

I guess it's hard to walk back from insanity, but - It used to remember your preferences, and it absolutely never ever used to hide the quick access icons at the top now. I'm constantly now making sure if the nav is up, that it is up at the bottom, such that it won't hide them. Do you like music on top? Ok, always on top. Wow, amazing!!!

Still don't understand the problem. I would suspect that most people like the nav on top and the new behavior supports that.
Supports? No, hits you over the head with a sledgehammer "You WILL have nav on top!!!"

This is objectively a regression in UX design. Opinions and preferences matter not. It's bad, and Tesla should be ashamed.

Reactions: Peter_M
We got our S about 6 weeks ago and one thing that we still haven't figured out....

We keep our 17 inch screen split, usually with the map and the backup cam.. or maybe music.. whatever.. But when we want to change one of them to something else, it seems to be completely random on whether the new screen is going to replace the top or bottom item. At any given time, when I choose a new one screen, I always have one of my existing screens that is more important... and I want the new screen to replace the other, less important one. So, I've tried several things.

It doesn't always put it on the top. It doesn't always put it on the last section I've 'touched'. It doesn't seem to follow any convention I can figure out.

So, those of you who have had years to puzzle over these things... what say ye?

As far as I'm aware, only the map and backup camera are defaulted to the top window, everything else is bottom...