Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Sacramento owners want to make a quick $250?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would push them to sell you parts. Preventing you from doing so because you’ve ordered more than 3 of the same part is absurd.

Especially given their monopoly on providing parts I can’t imagine it’s even legal... Honestly, I’m not even sure how they can justify requiring a VIN to sell you parts.

Hell, if someone wanted to pay full retail price to buy their parts to stock and sell to other people, they should be applauding that person/company. We would all benefit from this. Tesla’s spare parts supply chain is horrendous. If someone wants to risk some capital to do a better job than Tesla, more power to them. Tesla’s monopoly on parts and service is abhorrent (and extremely concerning as an owner).

Reactions: Pinot.Noir
I would push them to sell you parts. Preventing you from doing so because you’ve ordered more than 3 of the same part is absurd.

Especially given their monopoly on providing parts I can’t imagine it’s even legal... Honestly, I’m not even sure how they can justify requiring a VIN to sell you parts.

Hell, if someone wanted to pay full retail price to buy their parts to stock and sell to other people, they should be applauding that person/company. We would all benefit from this. Tesla’s spare parts supply chain is horrendous. If someone wants to risk some capital to do a better job than Tesla, more power to them. Tesla’s monopoly on parts and service is abhorrent (and extremely concerning as an owner).

It flew by with the Model S and X. It won't fly by with the Model 3.

Reactions: appleguru