Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any seen 100+ kW (430mi/hr) supercharging before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1B3BE0BD-C57E-4492-ACC0-30F027FC6E54.jpeg
am I at an updated supercharger? I know it’s not the Fremont beta 1000 mi/hr unit. Don’t think I’ve seen this kind of rate before. Every stall is full too. Impressed. 8.2

The urban superchargers max at 75 kw, so Los Gatos, and others are a bit slower naturally, but do not care if paired or not, will always deliver the same power max.
Usually unpaired normal supercharging is 120 kW max, and paired with 2 people on the same stall maxes at 67kw.

Reactions: SJC3
My white whale...

Once in Vermont, 113kw. I was living the dream. Have never seen that number again. But I always try and charge when I'm above 50% and its below 50° so maybe one day?

View attachment 389389
The battery has to be warm and you have to be below 50% to get 120kw. I try to only charge up to 50% if there's another supercharger within range. :D

Reactions: astrowunder
No pics, but I did hit about 113 kW while Supercharging late last evening. My SOC was at about 11% (33 miles) with weather temp. in 40s°F (car was in use most of the day, so battery wasn't cold soaked). I heard the fan turn on and off at intervals to cool down the HV battery. What amazed me was that I was paired with a Model S that was there prior to me and I thought I maxed out at about 64 kW, but it peaked at 113 kW (V2 Supercharger). Don't know if the Model S was cold soaked to charge so slow...