Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any shot we will be able to move our $1k Model 3 deposit to a Model Y deposit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same question here. I was thinking of requesting a refund, but wouldn’t mind moving it to the Y if that’s an option.

I’m assuming no info here until after Mar 14 (at the earliest).

Your wife wants the current ICE Macan or she's waiting for the electric one? The latter will be a very long wait! Porsche took forever to release the mild facelift ICE Macan and they've only just made the decision to go all electric with the next generation. It might hit the auto shows in 2021, but I'll bet it's more like 2023 before you can be actually driving one! I remember the waiting list for the current Macan was over a year long on release in 2014.

I just got a confirmation from a Tesla rep that you cannot transfer your Model 3 Deposit to a Model Y. He suggested that I request a refund of the deposit and make a new one for the Y when available.

I just got a confirmation from a Tesla rep that you cannot transfer your Model 3 Deposit to a Model Y. He suggested that I request a refund of the deposit and make a new one for the Y when available.

I can almost guarantee that the “rep” is just going off of what he thinks the answer to be. I bet they will let people transfer their reservations but as others have said it will likely be easier to cancel the 3 and place a new one for the Y.