Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Sig has been built and, the last I heard, it was doing inspections in Fremont. I would tend to agree with some of the sentiment about folks getting cars pushed to them before they were ready in order to make some 2015 deliveries. At this point VIN and sequence number aren't all that useful in trying to figure out when cars will be built because they're engaging in some serious batching as they have specific parts available (just my guess). FWIW, I'm Sig 415 or something like that.

On balance, I'm glad that they're taking the time to make the cars perfect now. This will be my wife's car and her driving is much more mission-critical than mine. Kids. Must. Not. Be. Late. Also, I have a higher tolerance for the need to take the car in for service than she does.

Anyway, there's my data point.

Finally heard today that my X is ready for delivery. I offered to pick it up today but my DS asked for a day to detail it, so I will pick up on Wednesday if I can get a ride to Jersey. My DS offered a car service and I may take him up on it. after over 2 years of waiting I really want my X.

My X has been in Springfield NJ for a week now. He said that after all the checking after updating the firmware a couple times, they only replaced sensors on one door. Everything else was perfect.

Finally heard today that my X is ready for delivery. I offered to pick it up today but my DS asked for a day to detail it, so I will pick up on Wednesday if I can get a ride to Jersey. My DS offered a car service and I may take him up on it. after over 2 years of waiting I really want my X.

My X has been in Springfield NJ for a week now. He said that after all the checking after updating the firmware a couple times, they only replaced sensors on one door. Everything else was perfect.

i wonder why we hear of the door sensor issues so often, are they really that bad?

Well they did say that they developed a new sensor that can see through metal, because the technology is new there may be a couple of problems with it.

I think you're probably right on that.

I hope that when my Model 3 comes (hoping to get as early a production reservation as possible) that the time is taken to perfect the vehicle. I can only imagine how frustrating the waits are for many of you, but Tesla is not a traditional car company and they do make on the fly production adjustments.

I think you're probably right on that.

I hope that when my Model 3 comes (hoping to get as early a production reservation as possible) that the time is taken to perfect the vehicle. I can only imagine how frustrating the waits are for many of you, but Tesla is not a traditional car company and they do make on the fly production adjustments.
I imagine that the first Model 3 that they release won't have the falcon wing doors and will be more like the Model S, but the Model Y will most likely have the FWD. The Model 3 won't be as complicated as the X, they won't have as many problems in manufacturing.
And the waits are annoying but once we all get the car i'm sure that we will forget how long we had to wait because of how awesome it is. :biggrin:

Congrats! Hope you enjoy your X!

Just heard yesterday my Seattle-bound X is through with final "inspections" at factory and ready to be transported up north. Vin 169. Based on Vins, sounds like a large batch are being made ready at about the same time. I sure would love to know exactly what happened. Maybe someday they'll go through their lessons learned with this technically complicated car--and not repeat it with Model 3.

One staus I read in this thread was that an order was in stamping. That's about as useful to know as, the minerals have been mined to make the aluminum.

I think it is safe to assume that every robot and every human at Tesla wants to ship Model X orders. It appears from this thread that many Sig orders remain to be delivered.

My DS said the minerals have been mined for my car so probably early 2016 at the latest :wink:

I haven't received it yet, though I'm hoping to get in in the next couple of weeks as I was told that it was finishing up production. It is annoying that they can't update the web pages to show what stage of production you are in. Even when you all all they tell you is very general information about where in the production cycle it is.

Either way I'm looking forward to getting it. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Best
Tony
Sig X VIN #502

I am still not getting any estimated delivery dates from my DS or DS's Manager. Only that it is in late production. No loaner Model S available either. Any ideas on what else can we ask or do with DS? How have others been able to get more detailed status?

VINS007xx, Sig Res14xx, Fremont Factory delivery

I am still not getting any estimated delivery dates from my DS or DS's Manager. Only that it is in late production. No loaner Model S available either. Any ideas on what else can we ask or do with DS? How have others been able to get more detailed status?

VINS007xx, Sig Res14xx, Fremont Factory delivery

I'm sure you can ask them to give you updates when your car reaches QC.