Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tire inflators compatible with new 16v Li-Ion battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have always checked and inflated my ICE car tyres and carried the cigar lighter type inflator with me.
Back then, to celebrate my new Model Y (06/22) I bought a new pump before realising that the Lithium low voltage was 16 volts. The pump worked for about one second.
I have been unable to find an off the shelf 16V replacement to run off the cars lighter socket.
OP, ( or anyone) have you found a solution that does not require DIY electronics?
P.S. I am now considering cordless options. The Ring seems to be the best.

I would like to carry a tire inflator for emergency purposes. Most portable inflators that run off the 12v outlet only specify 12v 15a. The new low voltage battery in the MY is 16v, and I would hate to blow a fuse on one of these inflators when I need it most.

Does anyone have a portable unit that they have used consistently with the new battery without issue? I’m struggling to find one.
Most 12V vehicle accessories are rated for up to 16V, not least because the voltage of a fully charged standard lead acid battery can be as much as 14.4V.