TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Any updates on GPS issue?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by guellis, Sep 29, 2013.

1. guellis

guellis Member

I took delivery of my Model S a week ago. Software is 5.0. Like some others who have recently taken delivery, I'm experiencing issues with my GPS where it seems to lose track of which direction I am going or precisely where I am on the map (sees me as 500+ feet away sometimes heading in a different direction). I contacted Tesla and they indicated that they're working on a fix and that it will be deployed via software update. I've seen posts from others having the same problem. Wondering if anyone else has heard anything about the timing of a fix.

2. texex91

texex91 Banned

Thankfully I don't have the issue, but did ask SC about fix, and they did confirm it's been fixed, but release is still being tested, and hoped in the next 30 days to start pushing to all cars affected (based upon build date). Don't know if that helps, but what I was told.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

FWIW, some posts suggest both a hardware (gyro) problem and/or software. Time will tell...

4. guellis

guellis Member

Received 5.6 update last night. Fixed the issue!