Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else caught up in the AutoAnything.com Maxpider floor mat debacle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order of Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats for my Model 3 (a full set) for $159.97 net while they were running a promo for something like 20% off. Great deal, right?

Ordered July 24, estimated shipping 8/8-8/10 via Fedex Home Delivery.

On 8/17 I received a "revised shipping date" Email with a new estimated shipping date of 9/20. The Email warned if I did not accept by 9/14 my order would be cancelled. I accepted.

About a half-hour ago I received a similar Email with a new estimated shipping date of 10/4. The deadline to accept was "9/20 16:00:00 PM" (sic), a time that happened roughly 24 hours in the past. That's right - I received the Email on 9/21 at 7:10pm Eastern.

I called up their 800 number and they had no explanation for the delay. I was alternately told the mats are custom-manufactured and that I should look at another brand (I was pitched Weathertech).

Next issue: the website shows "Customer response pending" but clicking the Accept link in the Email does anything. While on the line with the rep, he told me he accepted on my behalf. The website still shows "Customer response pending". Mmkay.

Anybody dealt with this vendor before? Anybody with a pending Maxpider order stuck with the creeping suspicion that you'll receive another automated Email on or about 10/4?

@oscarfish I'm in the same boat as you. Although, I will say I've ordered things from AutoAnything before and they were fine (no delays, and good customer service when I needed to chat with them about part compatibility for a prior vehicle). My guess is they're getting strung along by their supplier, and so we are too... I chatted with them and got a $10 refund just by asking for my trouble. I'm willing to wait, since $140 for both sets of mats is a great deal.

I believe it is the manufacturer’s delay. Other manufacturers such as Weather Tech are also slow to respond to this relatively new Model 3. Auto Anything has notified me as well with a “revised shipping date”.

I really like the looks of the Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats. Here is a YouTube user’s review.

Additionally, they seem cheaper than WeatherTech.

I canceled my original order with Part Catalog to save a few bucks when Auto Anything offered the 20% discount coupon. I regretted the decision when I experienced the same as the OP. But all's well that ends well. I received the mats today.

It's a minor debacle for me as I contacted customer support a month ago to change shipping address. They appeared to do so (the new address was immediately reflected on the order status) but the mats (currently in transit) were headed to the now-defunct original dest. I was about to contact AA for this but figured FedEx was going to be better.