Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody have a Front Lip spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting pics of my "Cheapy ebay front spoiler in black that I haven't decide makes me look like a ricer" spoiler.

Mocked up and still debating if anyone has an opinion if I should finish the install? $50 (shipped) ebay special;

2IMG_0012.jpg
2IMG_0013.jpg
2IMG_0014.jpg
2IMG_0016.jpg
2IMG_0018.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: 5abi and ForeverEv
Haha, your conundrum isn't unique! I also ordered the same lip (from a vendor on Alibaba) for $51.42 in the fake CF finish. Its taking quite a while to arrive though. In any case, I've been thinking about whether or not I want to install this 3-piece cheapie or just bite the bullet and get the Ikon CF front lip, which looks better but is almost 10x as much.

I think what I will do is wrap the 3-piece cheapie in 3M pearl white (close but not perfect match to the paint), put in on, and let it ride until it either breaks or I become to embarrassed to leave it on :D

I do think it looks good in pictures...not sure how good it looks in person. Its just a tad more aggressive than I'd like and also droops down a bit much relative to the factory bumper, which could be an issue on lowered cars.

Haha, your conundrum isn't unique! I also ordered the same lip (from a vendor on Alibaba) for $51.42 in the fake CF finish. Its taking quite a while to arrive though. In any case, I've been thinking about whether or not I want to install this 3-piece cheapie or just bite the bullet and get the Ikon CF front lip, which looks better but is almost 10x as much.

I think what I will do is wrap the 3-piece cheapie in 3M pearl white (close but not perfect match to the paint), put in on, and let it ride until it either breaks or I become to embarrassed to leave it on :D

I do think it looks good in pictures...not sure how good it looks in person. Its just a tad more aggressive than I'd like and also droops down a bit much relative to the factory bumper, which could be an issue on lowered cars.

I use to think the IKON lip looked the best, but I love the 3 piece lip now especially the side flairs.

Please do post if you do wrap it in pearl white!

I think I like it cause it actually makes the car look lower. I got the Eibachs and debating on getting the lip spoiler which will make it lower. It just looks so much better. A trade off for $50 I think might be worth it.

I use to think the IKON lip looked the best, but I love the 3 piece lip now especially the side flairs.

I think I like it cause it actually makes the car look lower. I got the Eibachs and debating on getting the lip spoiler which will make it lower. It just looks so much better. A trade off for $50 I think might be worth it.

Yeah, assuming I actually receive the dumb thing (departed China via airline 3/29...still not here), I'll almost definitely install it. I like how the IKON is more understated...certainly more tasteful overall IMO. But then again, for $50... :D

I just hope the cheapie doesn't somehow dettach itself on the highway and cause damage to my car or the poor chap behind me :D

Also be aware there are others slight variations of the 3 piece lip i.e; the one below. I think it looks fine from far away but from head on its a bit too much.

Attachments

• 92838460_10219020755804641_5884457198154678272_n.jpg
    92838460_10219020755804641_5884457198154678272_n.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 552
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 1.06.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 1.06.04 PM.png
    990.7 KB · Views: 499
looking good, for those that have lips installed

ebay 3 piece
• do you have to drill holes into the lower front bumper to mount?
• or is 3M VHB sufficient / using existing mounts

ikon front lip spoiler
• same question for install, do you need to drill fresh holes or is it installed using only double sided VHB?

For the ebay cheap option does it hang lower than the actual lip of the car? Does it remove any ground clearance?

In my test install, the lip does not appear much lower than bottom of the factory chin (maybe 1/4" due to thickness). It's roughly aligned with the bottom of the car.

looking good, for those that have lips installed

ebay 3 piece
• do you have to drill holes into the lower front bumper to mount?
• or is 3M VHB sufficient / using existing mounts

For the 3 piece ebay version.

- Yes, you do have to drill holes into the lower front bumper (and part of the reason I haven't finished the install).
- With 3M tape, I suspect the sides would hold as they have more surface area but the mid section has smaller risers (1" square) that won't hold with tape alone.

In regards to Canadian winters, yes a front lip would make your Tesla a virtual snowplow and suspect it would last about 1 day. I don't winter drive my Tesla so not an issue (I have the winter beater in the second picture I posted ;) - Jeep Wrangler unlimited)

• Informative
Reactions: silentcorp

Yes, I’d like to see the white wrap also. I think it would look good.

Inspired by some of the photos on here and not too keen on the pedestrian front of a Model 3 (came from an S), I purchased one of the 3 piece "carbon-like" eBay front lips. It's just tacked on with some double sided tape with moderate attention to alignment. This is the more aggressive of the two versions I saw on eBay. The other (I think 1FASTROD has it in black) is coming next week and I'll probably fit it up and see which I like better. I've included a shot from the ground to show clearance and body alignment.

Gotta admit, I liked this one better than I thought and I'm usually a fan of more subtle body work. Cheers!

IMG_20200515_162526.jpg
IMG_20200515_162444.jpg
IMG_20200515_162458.jpg

IMG_20200515_162542.jpg

Last edited:
Inspired by some of the photos on here and not too keen on the pedestrian front of a Model 3 (came from an S),...Gotta admit, I liked this one better than I thought and I'm usually a fan of more subtle body work. Cheers!

View attachment 542054

Looks good. Little more aggressive than the one I have but still subtle.

I wouldn't drive too much with the spoiler just held with tape, I don't think it'll hold for long or with high speeds.