Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody see major issues after updating to the latest OTA for the Model 3 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated the software last night. This morning everything looked fine. I drove about 15 miles and returned home. Plugged in my car. Decided to go to the store about eight hours later. Punched in my code

The turtle sign with Front motor disabled??
Regenerative breaking disabled.
Autobraking disabled.
A whole bunch of other warnings....

Did the scroll wheel reset just for the heck of it. And nothing, obviously.

Called Tesla Service and they saw all the same warnings on my car on their end. They asked me if I recently updated my software? I said yes. They said they are trying to notice a trend because this is the second or third car that has reported the same issue.

Tow person came in and said this is the second car this week that he has to tow because the car wouldn't move. I think he mentioned in another case the door wouldn't open at all...

I hope mine is still a software issue. I had the battery replace exactly one year ago because I hit a deer.... Pretty freaking ridiculous in terms of timing.

I saw this before with my car. After an update. Couple years ago. I let it sit and then got back in and all warnings went away. I think it needed to go into sleep mode then it woke. Called SC in Devon,PA they said it was a firmware issue with some 3’s.

I saw this before with my car. After an update. Couple years ago. I let it sit and then got back in and all warnings went away. I think it needed to go into sleep mode then it woke. Called SC in Devon,PA they said it was a firmware issue with some 3’s.

That's weird. My car was probably a sleep when I drove it at 10 am and back for like 30 minutes and then decided to go to the store at around 6 pm.

Never mind. SC said Rodent damage found on wiring harness. Need to replace the wiring harness. False alarm.
I’m curious to know how much this costs. I had that happen on my Lexus CT200h. Cost me $350. Damn rodents.

I had the same issue occur with my car last Thursday. They repaired the wiring harness near the front drive unit. It cost $232.50. They initially thought they were going to have to replace the harness, but then decided to repair it.

We actually think it may have been a squirrel based on where the car stopped running. I've never had rodent damage to any car over the last 40+ years of car ownership. Do Teslas have particularly tasty wiring? :)

Here's a picture.
111020TeslaRodentDamage.jpg

Last edited:
Tesla wiring harnesses (the plastic) probably have just as much rodent taste appeal as ICE vehicles. What it doesn't have is the high temperatures and oil residue that come with ICE. Maybe the reason why squirrels and rats like to chew on Tesla wiring is that it's cleaner?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt