Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buy the Model 3 Track Package?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was ready to buy the track package as I really love the rims and my tires are getting close to needing to be replaced, however, I read that it will lessen the range of the car.

Does anyone know how much less range?

Please specify whether you are talking from hearsay or talking from first hand experience.

Thanks a lot everyone! Love the car!

I bought it. Have been waiting for months to get it installed (parts on backorder). Just got an email tonight saying parts have been ordered (??) along with the part numbers.

Hopefully I can get it installed this week or next. Still debating whether I will keep the sport cups on there or swap our for PS4S.

As a P3D- owner, I'd chime in here with my experience(s) and two-cents worth, but @Knightshade already covered it perfectly.

And FWIW, I rather like his pedantic slant... I don't like having incorrect information, and appreciate it when someone educates and/or corrects me. I've been married for 26 years, so I'm used to being wrong, and don't mind someone telling me I am. ;)

Knightshade (and several other members) have graciously shared their knowledge about all things Tesla for quite a number of years now. Many of us appreciate his (and others) efforts.

Edit: Just thought of one thing I could add... The car did come with Track Mode, and it has been updated to Track Mode 2.0. Just in case there was someone out there wondering. Oh, and also my lifetime WH per mile is 285. Yup, I drive it like I stole it. :)

Last edited:
As a P3D- owner, I'd chime in here with my experience(s) and two-cents worth, but @Knightshade already covered it perfectly.

And FWIW, I rather like his pedantic slant... I don't like having incorrect information, and appreciate it when someone educates and/or corrects me. I've been married for 26 years, so I'm used to being wrong, and don't mind someone telling me I am. ;)

Knightshade (and several other members) have graciously shared their knowledge about all things Tesla for quite a number of years now. Many of us appreciate his (and others) efforts.

Edit: Just thought of one thing I could add... The car did come with Track Mode, and it has been updated to Track Mode 2.0. Just in case there was someone out there wondering. Oh, and also my lifetime WH per mile is 285. Yup, I drive it like I stole it. :)

285? Phhft. You are way too gentle. Mines at 348 :D

• Love
Reactions: Phlier
I'm out here in the desert and most of my driving is either on interstate or on middle-of-nowhere two lane desert roads. Very little stop-n-go traffic. That being the case, I'd bet my average speed over the total miles on my car is right around 65 (we have 80 mph limit on the Interstate here).

I'm out here in the desert and most of my driving is either on interstate or on middle-of-nowhere two lane desert roads. Very little stop-n-go traffic. That being the case, I'd bet my average speed over the total miles on my car is right around 65 (we have 80 mph limit on the Interstate here).
We have a max. 70 mph limit here. Which is why I don't understand how my efficiency can be so bad

I bought it. Have been waiting for months to get it installed (parts on backorder). Just got an email tonight saying parts have been ordered (??) along with the part numbers.

Hopefully I can get it installed this week or next. Still debating whether I will keep the sport cups on there or swap our for PS4S.
Can you try and get a photo of the brake pads (front and back of pad with any ID numbers) before fitting and post it here?

Performance - yes. Tyres are either 20" PS4S factories, 18" Vredestein winters or 19" Cup2 track tyres. So you probably have an idea why my number is quite high... :rolleyes:
I'm gonna be taking my car down to the quarter mile track just north of Las Vegas once the weather cools off a bit. I'm hoping to get enough runs in to at least get my WH/mile up over 300. ;)

They also have an oval there, but I think there's a lengthy process involved to get "certified" to drive it. Man, I'd like a day or two on an oval with this car.

1. BRAKE PAD KIT - SERVICE, FRONT BRAKE CALIPER, TRACK MODE PACKAGE ONLY
    Part #: 8008243-00-A
    Order Date: July 28, 2020
  2. BRAKE PAD KIT - SERVICE, REAR BRAKE CALIPER, TRACK MODE PACKAGE ONLY
    Part #: 8008247-00-A
    Order Date: July 28, 2020
Thanks, but the reason I asked for photos is so I can try and identify the pad manufacturer. Brembo were supposed to be bringing out a new type of performance pad and I wondered if this was it.

If you wanna part with the PSC2 let me know and I can buy them off you