TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone close to Del Mar horse park/Doubletree Del Mar who will share HPWC next week?

Discussion in 'California' started by aname4me, Mar 29, 2015.

1. aname4me

aname4me Member

Traveling to a horse show from 4/1 to 4/5. Will need to charge while there. I know about Tesla store in UTC mall, but am holding out hope for a kind person to share HPWC with me closer to hotel/horse park.

Thanks

2. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

there is a j1772 by the whole foods not too far from the track. if that helps. and i would assume doubletree would let you use 100 volt outlet if you are staying there. may not seem like much but 72 miles per day charge if you are just leaving the car sitting.

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

The Flowerhill Wholefoods also has a NRG eVgo CHAdeMO charger, if you have the adapter (or can borrow one).

It's very close to the race track, but it's probably worth checking on plugshare to see if it's in use before heading over. There are frequently Leafs using it.

4. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

The Tesla Service Center on Miramar is your best option for a reliable HPWC at 80 amps that is closeby. They are for public use as long as you let them know in advance. There are a LOT of local Tesla owners, though... I don't have a HPWC.
    I can vouch for the ChaDeMo charger a block away at Flowerhill.

5. markb1

markb1 Active Member

The closest HPWC per the teslamotors.com map is at The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe. Supposedly for guests only, but you can ask.

- - - Updated - - -

That last one is a Roadster HPC, according to Plugshare. But with 50A wall plug, which will probably work. Too bad it isn't clearer about the type of wall plug.