TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone compared the part numbers for ultrasonics in HW2 v HW1?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kdday, Sep 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kdday

kdday Member

I'm curious if anyone has validated Tesla's claim that the ultrasonic sensors are "nearly twice the range of the original sensors on HW1".

I frankly don't believe it. I would love to know if anyone has looked to see if they're the exact same part between HW1 and HW2.

Any thoughts?

2. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽ ʭ ʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ ˭ ˭

#2 lunitiks, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    They're not the same.

The 2.0 ultrasonics are Valeo Park or something, while the 1.0 are Bosch if I remember correctly. You can find the old ones on ebay.

(I'm at a beach bar sipping local beer and chewing tortillas at the moment, so I can't give you the pt numbers.)

• Informative x 1
  3. kdday

kdday Member