Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else find this autopilot video disturbing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^This is true...... Actually all of the above posts are.

I saw someone driving at least a mile from the nearest neighborhood. Finished their eyeliner at the stoplight (55mph intersection) and then put their seat belt on. Priorities!!!

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I see this happen all the time as people get on to the freeway from a metered on-ramp. Nothing like getting up to speed with a short merge while putting on makeup. Not just makeup either, also watched people try to read books and newspapers in their ICE vehicles. WTF.

That being said, AP will still get a bad rap because people post videos like this.

Yes, It's fools like this that cause the autopilot nag every few minutes, increased sensitivity and thus more phantom braking and unwanted intrusions by the NHTSA.

I timed my nags this am on a errand run, it NEVER exceed 60 seconds, more like every 45 to 50 seconds. To bad Tesla couldn’t ID violators and take away their AP privileges. I know it’s probably not going to happen but these folks will kill someone someday and Tesla will take the heat.

Reactions: NY_Rob and Chisale
I timed my nags this am on a errand run, it NEVER exceed 60 seconds, more like every 45 to 50 seconds. To bad Tesla couldn’t ID violators and take away their AP privileges. I know it’s probably not going to happen but these folks will kill someone someday and Tesla will take the heat.

I think they should suspend their AP function for a week or two. Thats doable to me.

I don't mind it at all as long as the next video in the series is about her prison experience. :p

You really can't stop people from inattentive driving beyond warning them of the dangers of it. If they choose to ignore the warning, and they get into an accident then they should take responsibility for their failure.

I avoid doing any activity where I feel like it's excessively distracting or could cause an accident. Where I draw the line is generally the same expectation I have for others. I don't mind a little bit in the middle of nowhere, but obviously putting on make up goes well over the line. Or having a breakup over txt message would be as well.

The things that really drive me nuts are design related failings. Like I was driving home from Oregon the other day, and Apple maps just quit. I wasn't in my Tesla at the time so Apple Maps was my navigation. Its been doing that so I imagine tons of people are fiddling with their stupid apple maps trying to bring navigation back up after it quit.