TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone else had their Tesla Spotify down for two days?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by joninmelbourne, Nov 22, 2016.

1. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

Hi there,

My Tesla Spotify account in my car says "Unable to connect, try later" for the last two days. All other connected things work like Tune In radio and Google Maps. Anyone had the same issue or know the solution? 3G signal is strong and also the same when connect to my home's Wi-FI. Thanks

2. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Are you using your own account or the Tesla account?
    You could try switching between the two along with a two button salute.;)

3. joninmelbourne

Tesla account, my free account never logged in since I bought it. Whats a two button salute?

4. meloccom

Press and hold the scroll buttons on the steering wheel to re=boot the centre screen = 2 button salute.

5. joninmelbourne

Thanks the reset worked! Cheers

6. meloccom

Good to hear.
    Also if you ever wish to reset the instrument display in front of the wheel hold down the buttons directly above the scroll wheel for about 5 secs.

• Informative x 1
  7. Brian May

Brian May Member

I have found spotify can be slow at times to reconnect after network outage - happens frequently driving to/from where I live. Wish there was a way of saying "try now!"

Sometimes changing to something else, e.g. TuneIn and back again helps.

8. joninmelbourne

I wish also when you say "Play The Rolling Stones" for example, it just plays the most popular Rolling Stones track. On mine the artist name appears on the Spotify screen and you have to press the track you want. Anybody found a way to play the music immediately without taking you hands off the wheel?

9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

I think if you say "Play xxx by xxx" it will work, but I haven't tested.

10. joninmelbourne

Just tested it a few times. If I say "Play Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones" the song appears on the Spotify screen but you still have to press it - seems an easy thing to code it just to play it? And would be safer than taking your eyes off the road. Odd.

11. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Should be easy enough to code, only negative would be if it found the wrong song and started playing it.

12. Jjdsyd

Jjdsyd Member

Jon in case you are still unable to login to your Spotify acct, I managed to do this. Was tricky bcasue my login was through Facebook. There is a workaround though. Let me know and I will put the instructions up here.

13. joninmelbourne

Thanks Jjdsyd.. so if you login to your free Spotify account in the Tesla, does it start playing ads like on normal free accounts? Would be great to know the instructions if there is no ads as I have lots of old playlists on my old free account. Also have you ever been able to login to the Tesla Spotify account from a PC? Would be great to build playlists without sitting in the garage doing it! Cheers!

14. Oz Will

Oz Will Member

Good questions Jon. I was wondering about getting a personal account to do as you are suggesting re playlists, but now have a bigger issue. For no logical reason, my sypotify has stopped working for a second time. The last time I took it into the service centre after multiple "two button salutes" did not reset it (asks for login details or to login the Tesla account, but the Tesla account doesn't load). Doing screen resets is not working this time either (and I've tried both versions just in case different sequencing helped). Any other suggestions for self help (and I don't have a personal spotify account as I use apple music elsewhere), or is it back to the team in Richmond?

15. Oz Will

Oz Will Member

The Spotify gods are smiling and it has started working again all by itself.

• Like x 2