Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else had their Tesla Spotify down for two days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joninmelbourne

Solid Black S60 new face
Jun 29, 2016
Melbourne
Hi there,

My Tesla Spotify account in my car says "Unable to connect, try later" for the last two days. All other connected things work like Tune In radio and Google Maps. Anyone had the same issue or know the solution? 3G signal is strong and also the same when connect to my home's Wi-FI. Thanks

I have found spotify can be slow at times to reconnect after network outage - happens frequently driving to/from where I live. Wish there was a way of saying "try now!"

Sometimes changing to something else, e.g. TuneIn and back again helps.

I wish also when you say "Play The Rolling Stones" for example, it just plays the most popular Rolling Stones track. On mine the artist name appears on the Spotify screen and you have to press the track you want. Anybody found a way to play the music immediately without taking you hands off the wheel?

I wish also when you say "Play The Rolling Stones" for example, it just plays the most popular Rolling Stones track. On mine the artist name appears on the Spotify screen and you have to press the track you want. Anybody found a way to play the music immediately without taking you hands off the wheel?
I think if you say "Play xxx by xxx" it will work, but I haven't tested.

Just tested it a few times. If I say "Play Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones" the song appears on the Spotify screen but you still have to press it - seems an easy thing to code it just to play it? And would be safer than taking your eyes off the road. Odd.

Thanks Jjdsyd.. so if you login to your free Spotify account in the Tesla, does it start playing ads like on normal free accounts? Would be great to know the instructions if there is no ads as I have lots of old playlists on my old free account. Also have you ever been able to login to the Tesla Spotify account from a PC? Would be great to build playlists without sitting in the garage doing it! Cheers!

Good questions Jon. I was wondering about getting a personal account to do as you are suggesting re playlists, but now have a bigger issue. For no logical reason, my sypotify has stopped working for a second time. The last time I took it into the service centre after multiple "two button salutes" did not reset it (asks for login details or to login the Tesla account, but the Tesla account doesn't load). Doing screen resets is not working this time either (and I've tried both versions just in case different sequencing helped). Any other suggestions for self help (and I don't have a personal spotify account as I use apple music elsewhere), or is it back to the team in Richmond?

Good questions Jon. I was wondering about getting a personal account to do as you are suggesting re playlists, but now have a bigger issue. For no logical reason, my sypotify has stopped working for a second time. The last time I took it into the service centre after multiple "two button salutes" did not reset it (asks for login details or to login the Tesla account, but the Tesla account doesn't load). Doing screen resets is not working this time either (and I've tried both versions just in case different sequencing helped). Any other suggestions for self help (and I don't have a personal spotify account as I use apple music elsewhere), or is it back to the team in Richmond?
The Spotify gods are smiling and it has started working again all by itself.