Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else just get invited to EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Invites are only going out to HW3 cars.

Which given after advanced summon they're the only cars likely to get new features makes a lot of sense.

Doubly so when you consider 100% of model 3s in the program prior to a couple months ago were HW2.5 cars so they already have plenty in that sample group to catch iteration bugs on existing features that are tweaked.

• Informative
Reactions: Joshan
Just invited. M3 standard plus. Based on my research they are releasing it to people who use autopilot more than 80/90% of their driving. I keep my car on autopilot for all driving. I just make turns and then turn it on anytime I see the wheel. I try to follow the rules and drive safe. Excited to hear about other experiences helping to decrease the 1.2 million deaths per year from human driving.
Yeah, I'm a heavy AP user, and got the invite. MX, 2019 Raven, AP3, bought with FSD.

I've elected not to join EAP. While I enjoy beta testing software, I'm not comfortable beta testing software that can kill me. (i.e. same reason why I wouldn't beta test pacemaker software...)

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Yeah, I'm a heavy AP user, and got the invite. MX, 2019 Raven, AP3, bought with FSD.

I've elected not to join EAP. While I enjoy beta testing software, I'm not comfortable beta testing software that can kill me. (i.e. same reason why I wouldn't beta test pacemaker software...)

How long to you think it will take for FSD to be out of beta? I think for true full self driving we are talking 10-15 years which is beyond the lifetime of your car most likely.... so if you aren’t going to use till it’s out of beta why buy fsd at all?

How long to you think it will take for FSD to be out of beta? I think for true full self driving we are talking 10-15 years which is beyond the lifetime of your car most likely.... so if you aren’t going to use till it’s out of beta why buy fsd at all?

Like I said, I have buyer's remorse on the FSD buy. Got sucked in by the Tesla site hype and didn't do my research first. My fault - lesson learned.

I was just curious, and wonder why you're so sure. I've only seen one or two people state whether they're HW3 or not, but several people have stated conclusively (like you) that it's only going out to HW3 owners. Is there something in the letter that says this? Or is there some other source for your certainty? Surely it's not just speculation, the way you say it.

Why would they add testers to a unit with an outdated chipset?
Well, why not? What about us early FSD buyers who were promised early access to newer firmware with our purchase but never got anything in reality? Wouldn't this be a good opportunity to pay them back a little bit? It's starting to feel a bit like a secret club here - where I've filled out the application, gotten accepted, ponied up the fees, but still don't get a key to the clubhouse, and no-one will tell me why.

Nothing personal of course - you just happened to actually reply to me when no-one else would.

Edit: I just looked around on reddit and a few other places, and it seems it's not limited to only HW3 owners, several HW2.5 owners have reported getting it. Nothing conclusive there either, but at least there's hope.

Last edited:
I was just curious, and wonder why you're so sure. I've only seen one or two people state whether they're HW3 or not, but several people have stated conclusively (like you) that it's only going out to HW3 owners. Is there something in the letter that says this? Or is there some other source for your certainty? Surely it's not just speculation, the way you say it.

I'm a HW3 FSD owner and no invites here.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
I will also add that I too have HW3 and I use my auto pilot almost everyday on my way to and from work. My commute is about 10miles each way and it’s a two lane somewhat curvy but well marked road. Auto pilot handles it very well except for a couple tight corners.

Add me to the list of HW3 drivers who uses AP 90% of the time. My commute is 21 miles each way, all hiway and I just get in my lane, turn it on and watch for someone coming up behind me fast so I can get out of their way. No invite for me.

Im going to suggest the “myth,” that only those heavy AP users are getting invites, has been “busted”.

• Informative
Reactions: Joshan