Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Ordered Lr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's definitely wrong - some SR+ owners been notified to collect from Edinburgh next week! :)

Was thinking about it last night - it makes no sense for them to focus on Heathrow, it would just become a huge bottleneck. Congrats on the pickup date tho! Slightly surprised at there being SR+ being picked up, but I guess they wanted to do a sample of all the RHD models before ramping to 1000's? Who knows!

Did just notice that after calling them the other week to confirm cancellation of my trade in they re-issued my booking invoice, with a much higher ID. Hope it doesn't impact my place in line!

I think my 'delay' is because I'm not an all-cash buyer ..

I don't think that makes any difference. Some people on here think it does, but I called Tesla and offered an all cash payment instead of using their option with Black Horse (at the time I was waiting for the PCP option). Tesla said it would make no difference. They allocate cars/VINs to customers assuming they can pay one way or another and then ask for payment. If your loan isn't approved or you can't make the payment they then offer the car to the next in line and you have to wait for the next available allocation. It makes perfect sense too. They don't care where the funds are transferred from so long as they hit their account in good time before you collect.

People who simply say they can pay cash are often more risky propositions than those who arrange finance through a loan, particularly when they can see the loan is agreed. They can't see someone elses cash balance, just their word.

Update: I did get a call from Tesla to confirm the details in my account (driving licence, delivery location, cash buyer) today so am hoping that this points to my car being one of the 1,000 that arrived yesterday. But, the lady did say that it could be as late as September. Speculation is that with the LR AWD option being taken away from the configurator, they may not have made enough for the initial demand or may try to upsell people to the P- or other performance options.

But, the lady did say that it could be as late as September.

That is crazy! I do hope she was wrong! Also, you're a 3 year reservation holder and ordered on the very first day the UK configurator was available. You also went for a black interior which isn't so rare apparently. So it would be utter madness for them to assume you won't bag one of the first RHD/LRAWD to be built.

Speculation is that with the LR AWD option being taken away from the configurator, they may not have made enough for the initial demand or may try to upsell people to the P- or other performance options.

For sure this is happening. The Tesla rep I spoke to gave me a pretty hard sell (for Tesla reps anyway) to upgrade me to a P+ option.

Speculation is that with the LR AWD option being taken away from the configurator, they may not have made enough for the initial demand or may try to upsell people to the P- or other performance options.

That's idle speculation: you can turn a P- into an AWD LR just by toggling a sftware switch that will limit the power the inverter sends to the rear motor. The only thing that Tesla needs to do to enable that is to want it. Of course if they can find someone to buy it as a P- they have a slightly higher margin...

That is crazy! I do hope she was wrong! Also, you're a 3 year reservation holder and ordered on the very first day the UK configurator was available. You also went for a black interior which isn't so rare apparently. So it would be utter madness for them to assume you won't bag one of the first RHD/LRAWD to be built.

Not that crazy. From what I've been reading they had 3,500 UK orders in the first week or so of the configurator going live, then another 1,000 or so after that initial rush. So far there have only been 1,300ish loaded onto boats so that's a lot of people with early orders who won't be getting cars until at least the next boat (which is 3 weeks away at the earliest). Meanwhile Europe is still ordering cars which take up space on the boats, so I can easily see how it could be as late as September if the configuration ordered is unusual enough to warrant a specific production run rather than a 'best guess' mixed run.

For sure this is happening. The Tesla rep I spoke to gave me a pretty hard sell (for Tesla reps anyway) to upgrade me to a P+ option.
So is it a good or bad sign when they try to get you to upgrade?