Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone else placed last minute order for S 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't end up pulling the trigger, and now I can get the exact same car with a 75 KWH battery and the power lift gate for the same price.

That was unexpected. I totally expected the base price of the car to go up 9k. What they are actually doing is making sure the high end Model 3 range competes with the low end Model S range, and keeping the entry price to the Model S the same.

I'm THRILLED with that.

Ordered on Saturday (60D, all glass roof, no PUP). Now the same configuration with a 75D (and the added power lift gate) is the exact same price. Emailed my rep earlier this morning to see if she can change the existing order or if I should just cancel and reorder. Haven't heard anything yet but I'm guessing they're busy today with the changes.

Of course there's always the option now of canceling and waiting for more Model 3 info as there is no hard deadline to get these prices as there was with the S60 ordering deadline.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ggnykk
I changed my order and was promised by my SA that within a "few days" it will be confirmed... rather than cancelling and ordering all from scratch. probably after my 7 day waiting period so that I am locked into a sale rather than floating around waiting for the next best deal...

I changed my order and was promised by my SA that within a "few days" it will be confirmed... rather than cancelling and ordering all from scratch. probably after my 7 day waiting period so that I am locked into a sale rather than floating around waiting for the next best deal...

I was told the same thing. It now shows as a 75D in My Tesla but with the old higher base price and the $1500 all glass roof charge but she assured me everything would be finalized at the newer pricing within a week.

I was told the same thing. It now shows as a 75D in My Tesla but with the old higher base price and the $1500 all glass roof charge but she assured me everything would be finalized at the newer pricing within a week.

Same here - Mine also changed to 75D, but my Service Agreement still shows the 60D price and specs and has not been updated on my MyTesla. (i'm on my 7th day of my window today)

Last edited:
after I paid the $500 change fee through the corporate sales, the store manager left me a vmail if I want to change, it will be $500 fee. It's interesting how disorganized the sales group, you would think they can see it in their ERP system or something like it that the order was changed already

We placed a deposit on an inventory 75 two weeks ago and had asked that the battery be limited to a 60 before purchase. After the price change this past weekend, I reached out to my OA and they simply discounted the car and left the 75 alone. In the end we got glass roof and the 75 for $500 less than our original 60 was priced out. They had us complete a new order confirmation at time of delivery notating the changes and the $7500 discount.

I'm glad I didn't take delivery of the car on Saturday as originally planned or else I would have missed out on the free battery upgrade

We placed a deposit on an inventory 75 two weeks ago and had asked that the battery be limited to a 60 before purchase. After the price change this past weekend, I reached out to my OA and they simply discounted the car and left the 75 alone. In the end we got glass roof and the 75 for $500 less than our original 60 was priced out. They had us complete a new order confirmation at time of delivery notating the changes and the $7500 discount.

I'm glad I didn't take delivery of the car on Saturday as originally planned or else I would have missed out on the free battery upgrade
Im dealing with a similar issue to you! who was your advisor? what location did you work with? i want to have some ammo if they refuse my request. Thank you in advance for your help!!!

I put in an order for a 60 on April 15, and my SA was super helpful and responsive this entire week. I was also stressing out about the price changes and new included features when the news was released, but my SA told me I would also be getting the liftgate and glass roof for free because that's the default now. Even though my Tesla portal didn't display the new options, she said I could upgrade to the 75 for just $1500 without having to cancel the whole thing and redo my order, she just needed to submit a change request on her end. In the end, I decided to keep the 60. My order confirmed today, and I will be getting the 60 + autopilot + glass roof + pearl white + power lift gate for a base price of $74,500 :) *Note it would save me an extra $500 if I upgraded to the 75 now vs. later, but after some thinking my normal commute isn't very demanding, and they recommend charging up to 80% of the battery anyway so I would just be charging up to the 60kw on a normal basis

Reactions: Homekeys