Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else with Model X Scheduled Delivery on 9/30 (aka last day of Q3)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow 5:15pm pickup appointment here and I'm anxious reading everyone's reports saying chaos and delay. Just got a text myself saying I should come in 2 hours later due to delay. 7:15pm pickup...? Oh boy.

Hello from the Fremont Delivery Center. Unfortunately we are experiencing system delays. In order to minimize your wait time we recommend arriving 2 hours after your scheduled appointment time.
We look forward to delivering your Tesla today!

*this is an unmonitored mailbox*

Madness here. 1:30pm appt and I’m still waiting for docs 4 hrs later. Nobody has an answer. Almost all are M3 deliveries here.

7hours later, and I may or may not get my car tonight. Delivery driver certainly hasn't called so not looking good. This whole lack of clear communication is the most frustrating process ever.

Did you get to see your car at all yet? Or just waiting for docs?

Last edited:
Wow 5:15pm pickup appointment here and I'm anxious reading everyone's reports saying chaos and delay. Just got a text myself saying I should come in 2 hours later due to delay. 7:15pm pickup...? Oh boy.
Did you get to see your car at all yet? Or just waiting for docs?

All docs done at SC, then shuttle to offsite. Inspecting car pre sign was not an option that was even going to be considered today. Luckily fit and finish was good, with the exception of one paint blemish I pointed out, which I assume they will fix.

I was told you had to accept delivery by the 30th to get Free Supercharging, but honestly, I'd accept delivery in Q1 too if I got to keep free SC. It has been a nightmare trying to get this turned around in the span of a week.

I thought as long as you ordered by Sept 16th, you got the Free Supercharging; it was not based on accepting delivery by the Sept 30th. I ordered Sept 11th and my order/account clearly states Free Supercharging and I am not getting this car probably until Nov according to Design Studio. I think if you reject the delivery (because you go into the system again), then you lose it. That said, I know they extended the Free Supercharging a couple of days last week to sell more cars, I don't know if that had any type of Sept 30th constraint. If so, then this reply is only about ordering on or before Sept 16th.

I thought as long as you ordered by Sept 16th, you got the Free Supercharging; it was not based on accepting delivery by the Sept 30th. I ordered Sept 11th and my order/account clearly states Free Supercharging and I am not getting this car probably until Nov according to Design Studio. I think if you reject the delivery (because you go into the system again), then you lose it. That said, I know they extended the Free Supercharging a couple of days last week to sell more cars, I don't know if that had any type of Sept 30th constraint. If so, then this reply is only about ordering on or before Sept 16th.

My understanding is for those who ordered after 9/16, the caveat is to accept delivery by 9/30 in order to qualify. Otherwise, if you ordered prior to the deadline, you can accept delivery anytime.

All docs done at SC, then shuttle to offsite. Inspecting car pre sign was not an option that was even going to be considered today. Luckily fit and finish was good, with the exception of one paint blemish I pointed out, which I assume they will fix.

Congrats! Glad yours turned out well. Hope to update soon with good news.

My understanding is for those who ordered after 9/16, the caveat is to accept delivery by 9/30 in order to qualify. Otherwise, if you ordered prior to the deadline, you can accept delivery anytime.

Yep, this is it. I ordered on the 18th, so I had to accept delivery by the 30th to qualify. Fun fact is that until I accepted delivery on the Tesla page, my build sheet did NOT show Free Supercharging. It does now, but ofc still waiting on actual delivery.

Mine is supposed to be delivered to my house between 10am and noon PST. Here I sit waiting looking at TMC posts! :)
Well, Tesla never showed up or called. At 12:30pm, I sent and email with my displeasure. They finally rescheduled to show up at 4PM. Now, I purchased this as a "marketing vehicle" as the sales man to me and that it had 1600 miles with a discount. I was told the car was in perfect condition and used by an executive. Ok, the car comes at 4:00pm and it looks amazing as it drives up. I meet the driver (VP of Finance believe it or not). I look down at the rear wheel and there is a huge curb rash grind. I'm shocked! After looking over the car, I sent it back with him. 3 wheels scratched, dirty, etc. This is their flag ship vehicle and someone couldn't even spend 5 minutes checking it over. Now I'm waiting to see if they can bring it back fixed or if we push it to next quarter.

Well, Tesla never showed up or called. At 12:30pm, I sent and email with my displeasure. They finally rescheduled to show up at 4PM. Now, I purchased this as a "marketing vehicle" as the sales man to me and that it had 1600 miles with a discount. I was told the car was in perfect condition and used by an executive. Ok, the car comes at 4:00pm and it looks amazing as it drives up. I meet the driver (VP of Finance believe it or not). I look down at the rear wheel and there is a huge curb rash grind. I'm shocked! After looking over the car, I sent it back with him. 3 wheels scratched, dirty, etc. This is their flag ship vehicle and someone couldn't even spend 5 minutes checking it over. Now I'm waiting to see if they can bring it back fixed or if we push it to next quarter.

I'm sure they will make it right, but I question refusing delivery for something that can be fixed. It tends to slow down the process when people refuse delivery and SC personnel need to take care of an extra car and more paperwork. Maybe this is why my MX was a no-show today.

I'm sure they will make it right, but I question refusing delivery for something that can be fixed. It tends to slow down the process when people refuse delivery and SC personnel need to take care of an extra car and more paperwork. Maybe this is why my MX was a no-show today.
The main reason is I didn't trust them. The statement of "it will take 3-4 days to order new ones" could easily become weeks, etc. The entire process was very disappointing so I'm not taking any chances. Sorry if this effected you in anyway.

Reactions: JQS3
Update: arrived at 5pm to check in and get queued up in their system. I was told they're running 2 hours behind, consistent with their text earlier. I walk around and check out all the cars in the lot. They have snacks and coffee. Also free ice cream truck parked outside. There's about 200 people or so here at the Fremont delivery center.

6:20pm: Was contacted by delivery staff for trade-in details. Says this will take 20-35 min
7:00pm: No word since 6:20pm so I call the staff and was told their systems are very backed up. No ETA available.
7:15pm: I found my car myself in the parking lot. Vin matches so I begin my inspection. Both keys were left in the car to my surprise.
  • Left FWD is not aligned and can't open all the way, even after override it is still a tad bit lower than right side.
  • A lot of minor cosmetic issues, and gap inconsistencies between left and right side
  • Interior minor quality issues. Minor but plenty.

I was told I get 3 days to submit a report for all factory quality issues.

8:10pm: finally staff is back with documents to sign
8:25pm: submitted all signed documents, but was told it's another 40minute wait to process.
8:55pm: Hungry and waiting in my car ready to go. Just waiting for processing of documents.. but playing with all the features in the meantime. Almost home free!

Reactions: Bogobec
Update: arrived at 5pm to check in and get queued up in their system. I was told they're running 2 hours behind, consistent with their text earlier. I walk around and check out all the cars in the lot. They have snacks and coffee. Also free ice cream truck parked outside. There's about 200 people or so here at the Fremont delivery center.

6:20pm: Was contacted by delivery staff for trade-in details. Says this will take 20-35 min
7:00pm: No word since 6:20pm so I call the staff and was told their systems are very backed up. No ETA available.
7:15pm: I found my car myself in the parking lot. Vin matches so I begin my inspection. Both keys were left in the car to my surprise.
  • Left FWD is not aligned and can't open all the way, even after override it is still a tad bit lower than right side.
  • A lot of minor cosmetic issues, and gap inconsistencies between left and right side
  • Interior minor quality issues. Minor but plenty.

I was told I get 3 days to submit a report for all factory quality issues.

8:10pm: finally staff is back with documents to sign
8:25pm: submitted all signed documents, but was told it's another 40minute wait to process.
8:55pm: Hungry and waiting in my car ready to go. Just waiting for processing of documents.. but playing with all the features in the meantime. Almost home free!
Pics!!!

Success!

Original appt was 7:30pm but they texted me about the 2h delay (as they did for everybody it seems) . I arrived around 10:15 pm, was told it would be another couple of hours. Went and had dinner nearby at BJs (pizza!), getting a text around 11:45 that they were ready for me. Made it back 20 minutes later and was signing docs within 5 minutes. Handed over payment and went to check out the car while that processed — hard to inspect in the dark but it looked great from what my cell phone’s flashlight could illuminate.

It was around 1am when all was said and done. The drive home was fantastic on a deserted highway. Such a super, smooth ride.

4E2A4A28-6935-4136-8377-AB46D4332D3D.jpeg

Last edited:
For those of you who took delivery of an inventory car on 9/30, did you get free supercharging?

We got our home delivery on 9/30 at 10pm and now when we login, we see this: 400kwh / year!?!?!?

Attachments

• 6BDA7C99-C12B-4380-8119-2A02A7482F89.png
    6BDA7C99-C12B-4380-8119-2A02A7482F89.png
    301.2 KB · Views: 45
7hours later, and I may or may not get my car tonight. Delivery driver certainly hasn't called so not looking good. This whole lack of clear communication is the most frustrating process ever.
I’m so annoyed and frustrated by the complete lack of communication and broken promises. My delivery last week didn’t happen and I only found out because I called to confirm before I drove 300 miles to get it. We got rid of a car because we were told I’d have it by now so it’s a pain to get around. It was supposed to get to the SC today and guess what? It’s still “in transit” and I’ve heard nothing from anyone.
I’m not nearly as excited to get it as I was, I’m just completely sick of the endless suspense and lack of effort on their part to make me happy. I’m sure I’ll forget all this after I eventually get it but I’m sure starting this out with a bad taste in my mouth.