Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone has the LFP SR+ in Canada yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone noticed that on the Tesla Canada website, the listed weight for M3 SR+ had changed to 1745KG. (US SR+ still listed as 3582 Lb=1624KG) Which most likely indicated that the car has the LFP battery pack. Can someone already took delivered this quarter confirmed about this?

Someone noticed that on the Tesla Canada website, the listed weight for M3 SR+ had changed to 1745KG. (US SR+ still listed as 3582 Lb=1624KG) Which most likely indicated that the car has the LFP battery pack. Can someone already took delivered this quarter confirmed about this?
My SA said there has been no official announcement of this change in Canadian models and that he has no knowledge of this change to any Canadian vehicles in production.

Thanks. It's funny, earlier today I stumbled on an article that talked about LFP batteries in the large battery storage installations. They did mention Model 3, and I believe SR+, since it was "a non-performance implementation". Found that comment funny especially since they started in the model3 performance :) I do hope this doesn't add 120kg without any additional benefit.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Thanks. It's funny, earlier today I stumbled on an article that talked about LFP batteries in the large battery storage installations. They did mention Model 3, and I believe SR+, since it was "a non-performance implementation". Found that comment funny especially since they started in the model3 performance :) I do hope this doesn't add 120kg without any additional benefit.
I think the biggest benefit is you can charge it to 100% more often, and it's much cheaper to make. Heard the European model are 6K less? Now my concern is they officially announce the LFP version after this quarter, and dramatically drop the price on the SR+.

I think the biggest benefit is you can charge it to 100% more often, and it's much cheaper to make. Heard the European model are 6K less? Now my concern is they officially announce the LFP version after this quarter, and dramatically drop the price on the SR+.
I've read some conflicting information about charging to 100% frequently with the LFP battery, it also sounds like Europeans are facing some issues regarding range/charging in cold temps in the LFP models.

Reactions: cdswm3
They also fast charge at a slower rate.
I am very interested if any anyone here in Canada actually gets their M3 SR+ and it does in fact have the LFE battery, we won't know until someone actually gets a new one. I have one coming hopefully early June. There is also a chance the delivered packs could be mixed as they work through supply, or the website change is a red herring, and doesn't mean LFE is coming. Will be a good show and give us something to do while we wait for our cars :p

As for the fast charging, I have seen multiple videos recently that Tesla fixed the slow charging a little while ago in Europe with a software update, looks to charge just as fast now when pre-conditioned, very close if not the same as the NCA cells, which also charge slow when cold.

• Disagree
I have an SR+ coming early June as well (Saskatchewan). I'm hoping it has the LFP pack, the convenience of leaving it at/near 100% means I be pretty cool! I might even consider delaying delivery
Same here, I out my delivery on hold until late June, hoping by then we can find out more about it. But I would think unless you take delivery next quarter, the chances of most of us getting the LFP in June is pretty slim.

Be careful what you ask for.

Oh? I hear there can be issues with the cold. The only trip I'll be taking with it during the winter is between Regina and Saskatoon and there's a supercharger halfway (so it only needs to go 145km). So I think I'll be okay with either chemistry? In the summer I drive to my cabin which is about 230km away, so I was thinking it'd be nice to always be near 100% charge in case I impulsively decide to drive out there.

Reactions: Bulldogge16
The extra weight must have an effect on acceleration. I've just ordered a SR+ for Toronto. I wonder how the company feels about selling a cheaper car at the same price. I believe the manufacturing costs are significantly less. I won't mind another $6k off the price. Cover off the stereo upgrade and the snow tires....and some!

• Funny
The extra weight must have an effect on acceleration. I've just ordered a SR+ for Toronto. I wonder how the company feels about selling a cheaper car at the same price. I believe the manufacturing costs are significantly less. I won't mind another $6k off the price. Cover off the stereo upgrade and the snow tires....and some!
From my little research regarding to LFP battery, it's only Con is the weight. It's supposed to have higher current rate, so maybe getting up to speed isn't an issue even being 200Lbs heavier? Unless you take delivery in September or December, I don't think we will see a price drop this quarter.

• Funny