Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a 6MT car in addition to their Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before my Model 3 Performance, all I had was MT cars. Z-car in my youth, Maxima later on. I can say once I got the 3 I thought I would miss the MT, but I do not. The 3 is so smooth and powerful, when I go back to the MT I miss the smoothness.

Currently have a M3LR and am looking at giving up my 07 350z 6MT for a Y. Not happy about it, but family is growing.

Z is stripped out on coilovers with boltons and it completely transforms the car. Told myself I would never get rid of it because it is one of the last "analogue" driving experiences 😭
I've got an '03 350Z in the garage that I purchased new back in '03. It's also a 6MT with more money in modifications than the cost of my model Y performance I purchased at peak pricing last September. It's not going anywhere anytime soon if I have anything to say about it; my wife on the other hand.....

Sorry to hear you have to let go of the Z but I understand that family comes first. I'm hoping that one of my two boys takes to the mod bug like myself and holds onto the Z when my time here is done.

To the OP, I don't miss driving MT in NYC traffic or on the open road. The model Y is a different type of drive of course but still very enjoyable.

Reactions: SteveFromNY
Nice to see some car enthusiasts in here! Here’s my current daily. She’s a gas guzzler but it’s so much fun to drive over stuff! View attachment 914676
I had one of these back in the day in '07. Great vehicle, albeit slightly underpowered and it ate through windshields.

IMG_6414.JPG

I hope you never find out firsthand like I did but they also hold up really well in accidents.

DSCN1834.jpg

Reactions: eslamotors
Sold my tuned E92 M3 not too long ago and still miss it. Hard to beat the sound of an 8400rpm V8 with ITBs getting 12mpg :)

Been eyeing a 991.2 GT3 Manual as a replacement. My Y Perf is fast but nowhere near as fun as these types of cars.

I had one of these back in the day in '07. Great vehicle, albeit slightly underpowered and it ate through windshields.

View attachment 914884

I hope you never find out firsthand like I did but they also hold up really well in accidents.

View attachment 914885
woah, hope you were ok from that! But yes, the windshield has so many chips and its just a matter of time before it cracks! I installed a pedal commander cuz acceleration is non existent with this. I'm sometimes tempted to throw on the magnuson supercharger, but then I also like how being so underpowdered changes my driving behavior because I'm normally a very aggressive driver. I can actually relax in this thing.

Reactions: Kwame
Curious if anyone in here has a performance / 6MT car in addition to their Model Y? I currently have and love an MYP, but coming from a long line of manual transmission performance cars, I miss the feeling of rowing the gears. That said, I've been kicking the proverbial tires on a few cars in that arena, namely the Civic Type R, Golf R and Elantra N (I want a back seat). I'm leaning heavily towards a slightly used Civic Type R, but would love input from those that are in the same boat.
I love my MYP, but I cannot be without my Sports cars. I have two, one 6MT and one 5MT. A 94 Supra, and a 91 Supra. Rowing through the gears, is such a wonderful feeling!!!
Supras.jpg

Curious if anyone in here has a performance / 6MT car in addition to their Model Y? I currently have and love an MYP, but coming from a long line of manual transmission performance cars, I miss the feeling of rowing the gears. That said, I've been kicking the proverbial tires on a few cars in that arena, namely the Civic Type R, Golf R and Elantra N (I want a back seat). I'm leaning heavily towards a slightly used Civic Type R, but would love input from those that are in the same boat.

Aren't manual transmissions the things that slow you down when accelerating? Since you can't apply consistent acceleration, because the ICE has such a narrow range of optimal torque?

I used to enjoy beating my head against the wall, but after I stopped, my headaches have gone away.

• Disagree
Reactions: blinkme323
Aren't manual transmissions the things that slow you down when accelerating? Since you can't apply consistent acceleration, because the ICE has such a narrow range of optimal torque?

I used to enjoy beating my head against the wall, but after I stopped, my headaches have gone away.

Actually, turbo engines typically have a really flat torque band, so you have plenty of torque across a wide range of RPMs. And if you want to go faster in a manual transmission vehicle, it's pretty simple to mod them for more power. Especially if it's a turbo car like mine.