Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a delivery estimate for a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I log into my account on teslamotors.com, it states "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue." The word 'queue' suggests to me that Tesla has not yet begun production of my car which is supposed to be delivered "Late October-November". Once Tesla begins building the car, does that message change or is it possible they are already building my Model S? Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this.

When I log into my account on teslamotors.com, it states "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue." The word 'queue' suggests to me that Tesla has not yet begun production of my car which is supposed to be delivered "Late October-November". Once Tesla begins building the car, does that message change or is it possible they are already building my Model S? Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on this.

Correct, "Your Tesla has entered the production queue" = Not yet in production.

Your message will soon change to: "Your Tesla has entered production" = Your Tesla is in production.

• Informative
Reactions: HumanGenome
Details of my order Tesla Model S P100D
Confirmed order: 2016-08-31
VIN: 1597XX
Estimated delivery when order: End of november
Current delivery estimation: End of december / Early january 2017

Anyone else waiting?

Yes I'm in a similar situation, 160 VIN for the UK ordered at a similar time. Estimate has dropped back to December/early January. Very frustrating when you see these US cars going past in the queue!

View attachment 198823
Just took delivery of the fastest ship in the galaxy. The acceleration is mind bending, enough to cause my wife to hit me a couple of times and yell some obscenities I don't remember right now :) Its been a long journey since my accident, but well worth the wait and troubles I've been through. Thanks to everyone for your support and camaraderie along the way!

By the way, it is a little more than 283 at 90%. Will find out more numbers as the months go along.

That's my exact color combo, including the wheels, looks fantastic! My P90D (non L) is scheduled to arrive in Dec and my DS got back to me a few days ago to inform me that I can't simply add the L option and that I would need to pony up the $20K to upgrade to the P100D if I wanted L. I was really bummed. I then went to the Tesla store and the $10K option to add L is no longer available.

My DS asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the P100D and my daily (even hourly) dilemma is do I really want to spend the additional $20K just to add L?? My use case is very different, I basically drive to the airport each week and around town, I really don't have a need for the extended range so I'm having a really difficult time with this decision and I need to decide within the next few weeks.

If I recall, you originally ordered the P90D and upgraded to the P100D so I wanted to ask if you struggled with the decision and then how you mentally pushed yourself over the fence to bite the bullet and go for the upgrade? :)

Man, I'm really struggling with this decision, more so with any other purchase I've ever made. :(

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 8.44.37 AM.jpg

View attachment 198823

That's my exact color combo, including the wheels, looks fantastic! My P90D (non L) is scheduled to arrive in Dec and my DS got back to me a few days ago to inform me that I can't simply add the L option and that I would need to pony up the $20K to upgrade to the P100D if I wanted L. I was really bummed. I then went to the Tesla store and the $10K option to add L is no longer available.

My DS asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the P100D and my daily (even hourly) dilemma is do I really want to spend the additional $20K just to add L?? My use case is very different, I basically drive to the airport each week and around town, I really don't have a need for the extended range so I'm having a really difficult time with this decision and I need to decide within the next few weeks.

If I recall, you originally ordered the P90D and upgraded to the P100D so I wanted to ask if you struggled with the decision and then how you mentally pushed yourself over the fence to bite the bullet and go for the upgrade? :)

Man, I'm really struggling with this decision, more so with any other purchase I've ever made. :(

View attachment 198824

Great minds think alike, I love how the midnight silver looks with the grey turbines.

I did in fact have a P90D (non L) on order with the P100DL announced during my confirmation week. The extra range would allow me to skip a supercharger between Houston and Dallas, that's basically what pushed me over. I also wanted to future proof my car as much as possible in case I don't upgrade in the short term. If they offered a P100D (non L) I would have gone for that one and possibly would have gotten a plain 100D if it existed at the time.

With all that said, although i don't "need" the extra acceleration, I would say that, especially at the top end, the acceleration is addicting and not sure I could go back to a P90DL if it existed to order today :)

Anyway, I've never heard of anyone regretting going with a bigger battery. If this is financially feasible to you, I say go for it!

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Great minds think alike, I love how the midnight silver looks with the grey turbines.

I did in fact have a P90D (non L) on order with the P100DL announced during my confirmation week. The extra range would allow me to skip a supercharger between Houston and Dallas, that's basically what pushed me over. I also wanted to future proof my car as much as possible in case I don't upgrade in the short term. If they offered a P100D (non L) I would have gone for that one and possibly would have gotten a plain 100D if it existed at the time.

With all that said, although i don't "need" the extra acceleration, I would say that, especially at the top end, the acceleration is addicting and not sure I could go back to a P90DL if it existed to order today :)

Anyway, I've never heard of anyone regretting going with a bigger battery. If this is financially feasible to you, I say go for it!

Correct, it's not really a financial burden decision for me as much as it is cost per use. I don't mind paying a premium for items if my perceived value aligns. I just know how this scenario could go down for me. If I opt to save the $20K because I can't justify in my mind to spend the additional money for range capacity that I really won't use or the thrilling acceleration that I would sometimes use, the minute I jumped into a P100D I would be regretting my decision that I didn't opt for the upgrade. :)

I'm one of those who would typically purchase max capacity (all features, options, etc.) in the event that if/when I needed, I'm glad that I have at my disposal. However, I'm going to be completely transparent with my dilemma. I want to be able to smoke everything off the line and have increased acceleration from 60-90mph and those are my 2 main drivers. I'm trying to reason in my mind if the "juice is worth the squeeze". :)

If I were in a P90D non L and a GTR, Ferrari, hell, an aftermarket muscle car for that matter beat me off the line, I would be bent beyond beyond belief. To the point where I could see myself driving to the TSLA SC wanting to trade my car in for the P100D. I should think long and hard about what my grandmother told me years ago.... "Don't be pennywise and pound foolish if you can financially afford it". I know that it would cost me a helluva lot more to buy the P90D, trade it in along with the depreciation hit, then acquire the P100D!

Sounds like you definitely want to go with the P100D then. I wasn't even considering getting a Tesla until the Model 3 dropped (had 2 reserved) but they announced the P100D doing 315 mi range, 2.5 zero to 60, and what has been said to be the last big battery pack change under the 18650s and decided to pull the trigger. Cost wasn't really the issue for me, I just didn't see any reason to get the Model S until the P100D dropped. If the AP 2.0 rumor is true that further solidifies my decision to pull the trigger at this time.

View attachment 198823

View attachment 198824
I thought you just have to pay 500 bucks to change your order. Just pay that penalty and revise your order to P90DL.

Sounds like you definitely want to go with the P100D then. I wasn't even considering getting a Tesla until the Model 3 dropped (had 2 reserved) but they announced the P100D doing 315 mi range, 2.5 zero to 60, and what has been said to be the last big battery pack change under the 18650s and decided to pull the trigger. Cost wasn't really the issue for me, I just didn't see any reason to get the Model S until the P100D dropped. If the AP 2.0 rumor is true that further solidifies my decision to pull the trigger at this time.

I highly doubt we will see AP 2.0 any time real soon, at least until I take delivery on my car and then it will be available. That's just my luck! ;)

I can't reconcile these two. The Model 3 is fine, as is the P100D, but nothing in between? That sure is odd reasoning.

First over 300 miles of range + fastest production car in the world. To me it's the biggest leap forward for any single Tesla configuration. I was waiting for a Model 3 because I didn't think any of the current Teslas "wowed" me enough to justify getting one ahead of time.

I highly doubt we will see AP 2.0 any time real soon, at least until I take delivery on my car and then it will be available. That's just my luck! ;)

I think the S and X will see autopilot 2.0 ahead of the Model 3 and either our P100Ds get it out of the gate or will be retrofittable. I have faith! :p

Last edited:
First over 300 miles of range + fastest production car in the world. To me it's the biggest leap forward for any single Tesla configuration. I was waiting for a Model 3 because I didn't think any of the current Teslas "wowed" me enough to justify getting one ahead of time.

I guess you must be coming from a McLaren F1 if no prior Tesla wowed you enough. My lowly S85 wowed me to the point I find it difficult bringing myself to drive an ICE. Then again, I have a wife, 3 kids and a dog, and there's no better family sedan for me -- not even close.

I think the S and X will see autopilot 2.0 ahead of the Model 3 and either our P100Ds get it out of the gate or will be retrofittable. I have faith! :p

That's a good word - "faith" - since it means a firm belief in something for which there is no proof. All the proof to date has shown the exact opposite: that Tesla much prefers to sell new vehicles than do retrofits, and their service centers are overflowing already without the extra burden of doing retrofits. Just running the wiring for the extra camera/sensors/radar alone is a great deal of work, and then do they actually replace Mobileye's EyeQ processor with the new Tesla Vision Nvidia one? Or do they make the new hardware work with the old processor?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Keeping the faith

• Disagree
Reactions: HumanGenome