Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a delivery estimate for a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of the fastest ship in the galaxy. The acceleration is mind bending, enough to cause my wife to hit me a couple of times and yell some obscenities I don't remember right now :) Its been a long journey since my accident, but well worth the wait and troubles I've been through. Thanks to everyone for your support and camaraderie along the way!

By the way, it is a little more than 283 at 90%. Will find out more numbers as the months go along.

P100D1.1.jpg
P100D.2.jpg
P100D.3.jpg

She's gorgeous. Please share your impressions and congrats!

Thanks!! The acceleration is hard to describe, its so sudden and forceful. There is zero front motor whine. Its not the absence of sound or better sound proofing, there is a sound, it just sounds different, more like an actual (quiet) motor. I'm just speculating here, but it could be a different motor/inverter or whatever.

Doc, that car is incredible. I pick up same color and wheels on Friday.

Great minds think alike! I love the color combo with the wheels too. I try to keep the suspension on "low" to really fill those wheel wells :)

Eureka. Didn't AP hardware first become live around OCT 15? Is it feasible to say that this week shut down after Q3 is when their first introduced AP hardware.

Thus making the argument for 2.0 hardware to be introduced in this same "down week" to retool more plausible?

Interestingly, my DS just told me that my car will be built the first week of October, end of line by the 7th. I hear the DS is often quite out of the loop, but if true this contradicts the first-week-of-the-quarter-off theory. Will keep you posted!

• Informative
Reactions: number12
Just took delivery of the fastest ship in the galaxy. The acceleration is mind bending, enough to cause my wife to hit me a couple of times and yell some obscenities I don't remember right now :) Its been a long journey since my accident, but well worth the wait and troubles I've been through. Thanks to everyone for your support and camaraderie along the way!

By the way, it is a little more than 283 at 90%. Will find out more numbers as the months go along.

View attachment 196573 View attachment 196574 View attachment 196575
Car looks fantastic!
May I ask, if possible can you charge to 100% and post how many miles it charged to.
Thank you

Thanks!! The acceleration is hard to describe, its so sudden and forceful. There is zero front motor whine. Its not the absence of sound or better sound proofing, there is a sound, it just sounds different, more like an actual (quiet) motor
Just picked up an Obsidian on Tan and this description is spot on. It is at the same time more luxurious than my former P85D(more quiet, more comfy seats, beautiful wood trim), and more sporty (brutally amazing throw back head snapping acceleration.)
The P85D was not a noisy car by any means but this is really silent. Reminds me of noticing the quietude in your house when the power goes off during a storm.

Car looks fantastic!
May I ask, if possible can you charge to 100% and post how many miles it charged to.
Thank you

Thanks! Will do it on my next road trip.

Just picked up an Obsidian on Tan and this description is spot on. It is at the same time more luxurious than my former P85D(more quiet, more comfy seats, beautiful wood trim), and more sporty (brutally amazing throw back head snapping acceleration.)
The P85D was not a noisy car by any means but this is really silent. Reminds me of noticing the quietude in your house when the power goes off during a storm.

Was just thinking that driving to/from work today for the first time. The car feels much more premium. It is so silent yet sporty, and the seats are very very comfortable. Ingress/egress is also easier in the premium seats since the side bolsters on the seat bottoms are softer and less prominent than the next gens.

AP in v8.0 in stop/go traffic really shined. Accelerating and braking was very smooth and I didn't have to nudge the accelerator like I did in 7.1 when a red light turned green. The radar really seems to be working well. Braking happened much earlier and gradually than usual.

Interestingly, my DS just told me that my car will be built the first week of October, end of line by the 7th. I hear the DS is often quite out of the loop, but if true this contradicts the first-week-of-the-quarter-off theory. Will keep you posted!

It occurred to me, since it's taking a lot longer for my car to hit production than others it seems, I wonder if they only build right-hand drive models on the production line at particular times (I'm in the UK)? It would make sense since I imagine it requires a bit of reconfiguration, or at the very least it would probably be a bit slower for the robots and workers to switch between configurations at random. Maybe they only do them at the beginning of the month, or even the quarter (mine's scheduled to be built the first week of the quarter)?

It occurred to me, since it's taking a lot longer for my car to hit production than others it seems, I wonder if they only build right-hand drive models on the production line at particular times (I'm in the UK)? It would make sense since I imagine it requires a bit of reconfiguration, or at the very least it would probably be a bit slower for the robots and workers to switch between configurations at random. Maybe they only do them at the beginning of the month, or even the quarter (mine's scheduled to be built the first week of the quarter)?
Very beginning of each quarter they focus on far away deliveries so it can count towards quarter number. That plus "week maintance" at beginning of each quarter is probably what you are experiencing.

If you are talking about P100D, I think the delay for EU deliveries is not related to left hand drive or right hand drive. It is because of the very limited production of 100 kwh battery. Demand far exceed supply here. I read somewhere that say expecting late Nov to Dec for UK P100D delivery.