Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have pictures of 35% ceramic tint on the front windows and 70% in the rear with white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I am leaning towards on my upcoming blue Model Y with white interior because I want as close as a match as possible while staying within the legal limit in the front in my state of AZ. However, I cannot find pictures of this specific tint percentage. Would really appreciate it if someone with these percentages and white interior would provide pictures so I can see how close of a match it is. I am getting Xpel XR Plus tint. Thanks!

Could you give a bit more information as to what is your purpose for doing a tint? Curious why you are selecting those percentages.
My reason is in the description. I want the front and back to match as closely as possible while staying legal. I know it won’t be a perfect match. The 70% in the back should give me the uv protection while not making it darker than factory.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
My reason is in the description. I want the front and back to match as closely as possible while staying legal. I know it won’t be a perfect match. The 70% in the back should give me the uv protection while not making it darker than factory.
I saw that but I wasn't sure if that was the reason. Most people want more UV and or IR protection. Your comment tells me you are not understanding something and that is what I suspected and the reason I asked. Maybe you are not aware that you can get significantly more UV and Infrared protection WITHOUT having a tint.

I did that by putting a clear ceramic film on my car and it isn't obvious to anyone that there is film on it. I wanted more protection without having a tint because I want better visibility at night. Summary, the tint is not a direct relation to the amount of protection you get.

And to add, if I am understanding correctly, your real reason is to get more internal protection, not that you just want a film to match the car ?

Last edited:
I saw that but I wasn't sure if that was the reason. Most people want more UV and or IR protection. Your comment tells me you are not understanding something and that is what I suspected and the reason I asked. Maybe you are not aware that you can get significantly more UV and Infrared protection WITHOUT having a tint.

I did that by putting a clear ceramic film on my car and it isn't obvious to anyone that there is film on it. I wanted more protection without having a tint because I want better visibility at night. Summary, the tint is not a direct relation to the amount of protection you get.

And to add, if I am understanding correctly, your real reason is to get more internal protection, not that you just want a film to match the car ?
70% is basically clear the company I am going thorough told me. My ultimate goal is to get max uv and infrared protection while matching the darkness as close as possible. I am for sure doing 35% in the front. And the back comes dark from the factory. So that is why I want to do only 70% in the back.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
70% is basically clear the company I am going thorough told me. My ultimate goal is to get max uv and infrared protection while matching the darkness as close as possible. I am for sure doing 35% in the front. And the back comes dark from the factory. So that is why I want to do only 70% in the back.
Good explanation. I see. As you may know, there are usually 3 reasons for film. Block visible light, block UV/IR, or both. If you haven't had dark film before, then keep in mind it will be harder to see things at night, which of course is why there is a legal limit. Just wanted to be sure you know that you can get as high as 95% UV and IR without having any tint at all in case you don't want to block visible light as well.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
From 08/2020. Red/White MYLR when we picked it up from the tint shop.

35% front, 70% everywhere else (rears, hatch, windshield)

F6BE9F36-E60C-4F92-8E58-9478DA66B5A0.jpeg
B890BB6C-7A1C-46E3-8CB8-9B3AD1AA5896.jpeg

That’s exactly what we wanted on our MY’s.

They both got 35% front, 70% everywhere else.

Thank you so much for the pictures! Wanting the exact same thing are you satisfied with the result? Looking at the pictures it seems pretty good.
Yes, love it. The 70% heat rejection is fantastic, especially on the windshield.

Here‘s our other 2020 MYLR, recent pic after I had 21” wheels installed (but before I had MYP lowering springs installed). Black interior, but you get the idea.

41CB6195-3B4D-4FEC-B5A8-19EEE1AC5020.jpeg

Yes, love it. The 70% heat rejection is fantastic, especially on the windshield.

Here‘s our other 2020 MYLR, recent pic after I had 21” wheels installed (but before I had MYP lowering springs installed). Black interior, but you get the idea.

View attachment 871884
Nice! Looks great. If possible at all could you please a picture with this angle on your red/white MYLR? Whenever you get a chance. Would really appreciate it as I have noticed the white interior makes the tint look a bit lighter.

From 08/2020. Red/White MYLR when we picked it up from the tint shop.

35% front, 70% everywhere else (rears, hatch, windshield)

View attachment 871849View attachment 871850
Do the front windows match the the back windows? From the pictures they still look a little lighter in the front.

My goal is to have the front windows match the back windows but still have UV/IR protection all around.

Do the front windows match the the back windows? From the pictures they still look a little lighter in the front.

My goal is to have the front windows match the back windows but still have UV/IR protection all around.
No, the fronts are lighter than the rears.

And the rears are probably just a touch darker than OEM, since the film is 70%, not totally clear (though it looks clear on the windshield, people don't know there's film on the windshield unless I tell them).

No, the fronts are lighter than the rears.

And the rears are probably just a touch darker than OEM, since the film is 70%, not totally clear (though it looks clear on the windshield, people don't know there's film on the windshield unless I tell them).
Thanks! I'm guessing 25% then for the fronts would have it closer to matching the backs.