Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have problems after heat pump sensor replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that there was more vibration when the heat turns on after they replaced the heat pump sensors? I'm getting mine changed out this week preemptively, but I recall reading on Facebook about people complaining about vibrations being felt in the steering wheel when the AC turns on, and noise from the heat pump.

Mine already does have some noise from the heat pump and slight vibration, and I'm hoping that changing out the sensors does not make it worse.

I just drove my Y about 40 miles in -4°F from the service center to work, everything was perfect.... so far.
IMG_4044.jpg

Nope, I have had ZERO issues with my HVAC system on our July 2020 build Y before are after the new sensors were installed. But the interesting thing I learned was the comment my refrigerant was "found to be 1 pound LOW" so they topped it off.

After the service, my HVAC system really kicks ass in uber HOT and COLD temps. No complaints.

This was posted on another thread, but I'll post it here as well. My report on the work done by theSpokane Service Center: Drove over to Spokane on Monday, March 7th, dropped off the Y at 8 AM on the 8th, David at Tesla gave me an update on remote checking they'd done and the expected work. He expected the work to take all day and it did. I picked up the car just after 5. They pretty much replaced everything and updated the firmware. They gave me a loaner Model 3 to take downtown so I spent most of the day puttering around Riverfront Park and the falls. That's the most time I'd spent in a 3 and of course it's way similar to the Y except for the "falling" into it and climbing out. Everyone at the service center was friendly and helpful...the big news being they're moving to a more polished facility in Liberty Lake in the very near future. As near as I could tell on the trip back to Butte today in 25 to 10 degree temps it seemed to do fine.

The only notable event was the most severe phantom braking event I've experienced, with the red steering wheel TAKE CONTROL IMMEDIATELY command for no obvious reason whatsoever by Bonner, east of Missoula. Road ( I-90 )was clear, no traffic around...a complete mystery.

The system has worked fine since the work. I haven't noticed any change other than the system working fine. I was lucky in that mine was more inconsistent than fatally flawed. There were days when it was cooler than I might have like, but I couldn't see my breath in the car as others have reported. I should note I had a Chevy Bolt, which was a great little car, before I moved up to the Y. Ginnie, my partner, did think Chevy should have shipped the Bolt with Buffalo robes, but, not being thermally challenged, the heated steering wheel and seat did fine for me!