Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have the new heavier rotors that fix squeal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 19s and have the squeal at the very last moments before coming to a stop. It's so embarrassing to have such a quiet car then SQUEEEEEEEAAALL!!! :cursing: just before I stop.

This whole harmonic resonance explanation isn't making much sense to me. If this were the case wouldn't the squeal have always been present instead of occurring consistently thousands of miles after delivery? It used to be that hard braking would reduce the noise but now that doesn't work for me. I'm at nearly 40,000 miles and didn't start noticing this persistent squeal until around 35,000 miles.

I had to be pretty persistent with the Service Center for them to even schedule my car to get this looked at. They didn't even let me know there was a TSB about it. I'm not accepting that this is normal even with the low use of the brakes.

I just took delivery of a P85+ 21" rims RHD, am I supposed to have the new rotors? I have a squeal right before the car stops, but when I took it back to the SC, they said its the same as all their cars, he even showed me a brand new car in the showroom that has the same noise.

I have a squeal right before the car stops, but when I took it back to the SC, they said its the same as all their cars, he even showed me a brand new car in the showroom that has the same noise.

Same here, the guys at the SC also tried a brand new P85/21" in front of me and it was the same, a loud squeal just before stopping, or while manoeuvring with creep on/hill assist. This squeal only appeared when I switched from my 19" winter wheels to the 21". When I brought the car complaining about the squeal, they thought I would have a much stronger squeal that the new rotors would fix, but they after they checked, it turned out I already had the new ones, so "nothing we can do about it". My VIN is 18XXX.

My squeal seems to have gone away. I'm wondering if it may be the type of car wash soap I'm using that's contributing to a prolonged squeal. I'm experimenting with different kinds to find out. Anyone have a recommended soap for the rims?

Whenever I get brake squeal, I find that a couple of high speed stops gets rid of it...

Yeah I did this before even though it made me look like a maniac but the squeal kept happening so I initially thought it might have been the issue others were reporting in this thread. Then the squeal mysteriously went away. I remembered about a week or so ago I used my car wash liquid that was both wax n wash on the rims. I'm wondering if that leaves some unwanted residue between the calipers & pads.