Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone having issues with summon on 19.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on software 2019.32 9d0d19a.

Over the weekend I finally got my wife to create a tesla account then added to my car so we can take advantage of the new auto set driver profile based on phone detected.

The process went smoothly, but ever since I can't summon my car. It just tells me to "reconnect" to the car. I have rebooted the car and the phone. At one point I was getting an error from the tesla app that it was down for maintenance? Anyone else having summon issues on 19.32 or maybe it was caused by adding the second tesla account?

I'm on software 2019.32 9d0d19a.

Over the weekend I finally got my wife to create a tesla account then added to my car so we can take advantage of the new auto set driver profile based on phone detected.

The process went smoothly, but ever since I can't summon my car. It just tells me to "reconnect" to the car. I have rebooted the car and the phone. At one point I was getting an error from the tesla app that it was down for maintenance? Anyone else having summon issues on 19.32 or maybe it was caused by adding the second tesla account?

The blame is:

Labor Day App Outage Left Some Tesla Drivers Locked Out

Could Tesla's time be not confined to human definition such as "Labor Day" as today is definitely not Labor Day but are we in our time for Tesla's time?
Huh? Isn't summon just using bluetooth?

Summon stops working when there is an outage?

Not related but what is going to happen when Smart Summoning your vehicle and the network goes out? Guess the car will just stop where it is (hopefully not in the middle of taking a turn?)

One thing to keep in mind is that some folks’ garages are at the edge of their wi-fi signal. If your phone is hunting between wi-fi and cellular it can give unreliable results with summon. If this applies you can turn off wi-fi on your phone. Potentially this applies to the car too though in my experience the phone was the bigger culprit.

I was under the impression summon communicated solely over bluetooth, is this not correct? Obviously you have to be signed into your account for it to work, which requires a connection to the Tesla servers initially.

I have a hard time imagining they would want to deal with the latency of going out to their server when they already have a bluetooth solution (key fob) working.

Owners bought Model 3 fob for such occasion like this when Tesla is server down and they can't use their phone. Please see below:

I was really hoping to not have to carry a fob, but it looks like that fob works allot better than my phone does. My phone usually takes 3 tries and 1/2 the time it just unfold the mirrors, then folds them back. Also why do the steering wheel and seat need to adjust every time?

...I have a hard time imagining they would want to deal with the latency of going out to their server...

@woodisgood described above that you not only need initial internet signal but you also need a continuous signal. Any interruption in internet signal would disable your summon right in the middle of the process (such as switching from phone internet to home wi-fi and vice versa...)

If your car is in a basement of a parking structure with no signals, you might want to get a fob for summon!

@woodisgood described above that you not only need initial internet signal but you also need a continuous signal. Any interruption in internet signal would disable your summon right in the middle of the process (such as switching from phone internet to home wi-fi and vice versa...)

If your car is in a basement of a parking structure with no signals, you might want to get a fob for summon!
I think in Canada the phone is the only way to get summon to work. Immobilizer proximity regulations or something..

• Informative
Reactions: Tam