Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Canada installed Hansshow 9" instrument display (carplay/AA)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to have it installed, but want to know if it affects warranty here in Canada. I think in US there is a law in place that it should not affect warranty, not sure the staus in Canada. I think this applies to any after-market items installed.

Thanks

Not sure of the law but in common sense terms, I think you'll have issues if your install involves messing with any wiring and you then try to claim for any warranty issues for potentially related systems. If it's plug and play, I don't see why you'd have any issues - to be sure just remove it before going to the SC.

Looked interesting so I went to take a look at more detail - Model 3. Y Dashboard Touch Screen Installation Manual (9.0 inch).pdf - seems install does involve removing a bunch of trim, so you won't be uninstalling it and I'd definitely say good luck trying to claim any rattles or squeaks if you've obviously taken the dash apart - seems reasonable. It does look like some installs also need you to tap into 12V - possible that could cause issues - maybe worth speaking to one of their installers?

Looked interesting so I went to take a look at more detail - Model 3. Y Dashboard Touch Screen Installation Manual (9.0 inch).pdf - seems install does involve removing a bunch of trim, so you won't be uninstalling it and I'd definitely say good luck trying to claim any rattles or squeaks if you've obviously taken the dash apart - seems reasonable. It does look like some installs also need you to tap into 12V - possible that could cause issues - maybe worth speaking to one of their installers?
Not sure if they have installers in GTA, but I think this applies to any after market installs, like the power frunk?

Not sure if they have installers in GTA, but I think this applies to any after market installs, like the power frunk?

Absolutely, and not unreasonable - they can't warranty something that's been changed from factory. I think your warranty on everything else will be fine, unless they investigate and find your installer damaged something relevant (it happens). Get a good installer and a reliable product (ULC-type safety certifications etc) and you should be fine.