Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone install "Trunk Cotton" Looks very nice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have the see-through mesh opening in your rear deck (pre 2019 models) you will notice a bit of sound difference, I did. If you have the solid deck then probably won't notice much. If you do this mod mainly for the aesthetics and clean look, you will be happy with it.

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
If you have the see-through mesh opening in your rear deck (pre 2019 models) you will notice a bit of sound difference, I did. If you have the solid deck then probably won't notice much. If you do this mod mainly for the aesthetics and clean look, you will be happy with it.

That's exactly what I have. I have the hole in the middle. Now with the hole covered up....there is a tremendous difference.

Of course there are people in this forum who never had the hole commenting and disliking my comment not knowing there are 2 different Model 3's out there concerning this hole.

I 2nd the lower sound with earlier mesh opening rear deck!
also, the amazon selection covered complete area, no need
for additional felt tape in the corners!

Nice. I may try the felt tape to cover the gaps as well since I haven’t fully attached it. I have been debating covering the metal with some noise reduction material before using the adhesive tape. I also have a 2018 with the mesh covered hole that is no longer there in new models and have been trying to figure out what to use to more thoroughly cover it. Let me know if anyone has suggestions.
I covered that hole on mine as an experiment last year and decided to leave it on. I cut a piece of packing foam (like you might find when you buy some electronics to protect them in the box) to just slightly bigger than the opening. I then wrapped it up in some black acoustically transparent material (used to cover speaker grilles). I just had these materials on hand and didn't need them, so it worked out.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
That's exactly what I have. I have the hole in the middle. Now with the hole covered up....there is a tremendous difference.

Of course there are people in this forum who never had the hole commenting and disliking my comment not knowing there are 2 different Model 3's out there concerning this hole.

Thank you for mentioning this. I have an early car with the hole in the deck and just ordered this part.

I found them on ebay for $40. If anyone plans to install this here's a tip: install sound deadening material either on the trunk ceiling or on the inside of the mat. It's not going to reduce all noise but it will help a little bit.
What's your recommended sound deadening material? This is what i've been wanting to do since just covering the mesh hole in the deck hasn't improved the sound much for me personally.