Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone install "Trunk Cotton" Looks very nice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it helps, harbor freight has a $3.49 moving blanket that is exactly the size of the model 3 trunk area. Black cotton blanket with white stitching. They also have a $4.50 blanket that fits exactly in the back when the seats are folded down. They don’t seem to make the car any quieter but they take a beating :). With the excellent sonund system I’m kinda surprised the car has no sound cancelation feature.

These products have been around since early 2019... many have both (and the front fender material liners) installed.

Search this and the other forums for threads, pics, feedback.

Don't get your hopes up though as reviews and feedback details are sparse. Thats how Model 3 and Tesla owners tend to roll. No info except for fugly stanced wheel/suspension setups, painted calipers (90s woohoo) and chrome deletes, and wraps galore.

Installed trunk mat and it looks nice but unfortunately don’t notice any improvement with sound.

Had to modify the mat to fit under the edge plastic housing for a cleaner look.
3B555AA3-5E98-446A-8C6D-A2745A0D231A.jpeg

Reactions: mrau
Couple of the big YouTubers have recently brought these products back to the limelight saying they’re much better now but they haven’t done their full reviews. The one question I have (I don’t post YouTube comments or twitter replies) is which of the eBay sellers did they use? All the sellers have a mix of bad reviews and, if I’m gonna try it, rather go with a reliable one.

As for whether it does anything for noise, I’m skeptical but, since I rarely carry industrial goods but do car camp, the cosmetics (and reducing cold/sharp surfaces) appeal.

Dude, it’s all one manufacturer and the resellers are marking them up. I bought mine from RPM Tesla because they had a sale that brought them down to ebay prices. What a mistake! Took 3 months for those bozos to ship out the product. Would have received the same product in a week from ebay sellers (ones selling from US of course).

Reactions: XLR82XS
Yeah, not worried about the manufacturer, just with the reliability of the seller. Several eBay sellers have reviews about them sending the wrong items and/or requiring shipping fees even when they say shipping is free. Like to give the better one(s) my business, thanks.

If it helps, harbor freight has a $3.49 moving blanket that is exactly the size of the model 3 trunk area. Black cotton blanket with white stitching. They also have a $4.50 blanket that fits exactly in the back when the seats are folded down. They don’t seem to make the car any quieter but they take a beating :). With the excellent sonund system I’m kinda surprised the car has no sound cancelation feature.

will try it.. thx! Anything else there worth grabbing for the 3? I love their low prices..

I installed one over the weekend, I wanted a more finished trunk look. I'm not noticing any difference in noise reduction. WRT which vendor to select, I recommend getting one from someone reasonably local. I ordered mine off eBay from a China-based vendor. Unfortunately the shipping box tore open in transit and the fasterners were lost in route. Thankfully the vendor was willing to send me another set of fasteners but it took a lot of back and forth to explain the situation.

One extra thing I did was cover those corner gaps (as shown in PNCLeccy's photo) with some adhesive backed black felt before installing the mat.

Reactions: android04
I installed one over the weekend, I wanted a more finished trunk look. I'm not noticing any difference in noise reduction. WRT which vendor to select, I recommend getting one from someone reasonably local. I ordered mine off eBay from a China-based vendor. Unfortunately the shipping box tore open in transit and the fasterners were lost in route. Thankfully the vendor was willing to send me another set of fasteners but it took a lot of back and forth to explain the situation.

One extra thing I did was cover those corner gaps (as shown in PNCLeccy's photo) with some adhesive backed black felt before installing the mat.
Nice. I may try the felt tape to cover the gaps as well since I haven’t fully attached it. I have been debating covering the metal with some noise reduction material before using the adhesive tape. I also have a 2018 with the mesh covered hole that is no longer there in new models and have been trying to figure out what to use to more thoroughly cover it. Let me know if anyone has suggestions.