Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone NOT had any issues with their Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost 2 months and 1k miles in and no real issues of any note beyond a front bumper alignment problem spotted on collection, which was cheerfully sorted by the SC on the day!

I have since noticed (when changing for blue) that there is no wiring to the passenger footwell light - raised a service request and a ranger was due 9th April.... obvs cancelled as not urgent.

Overall I’m mightily impressed, I’m told and read that it is not the quality of a German marque, but then I’ve never owned one so cannot draw my own comparison!

Almost 2 months and 1k miles in and no real issues of any note beyond a front bumper alignment problem spotted on collection, which was cheerfully sorted by the SC on the day!

I have since noticed (when changing for blue) that there is no wiring to the passenger footwell light - raised a service request and a ranger was due 9th April.... obvs cancelled as not urgent.

Overall I’m mightily impressed, I’m told and read that it is not the quality of a German marque, but then I’ve never owned one so cannot draw my own comparison!
That is very peculiar. I wonder how they will actually fix that without taking parts of the dash apart. At least it's not a complicated dash.

Could just be that the cable has disappeared somewhere in the cavity. I assume there was no cable connected to the bulb that was in situ?

That is very peculiar. I wonder how they will actually fix that without taking parts of the dash apart. At least it's not a complicated dash.

Could just be that the cable has disappeared somewhere in the cavity. I assume there was no cable connected to the bulb that was in situ?

Yeah, odd isn’t it! And no cable connected to the bulb, which came out fairly easily so don’t think it pinged off anywhere, Given the angle and the small hole that the bulb fits in, there is almost no room for a camera or a pokey finger! Must admit I am a little concerned at the amount of disassembling that might have to be done together it sorted...... but I simply must have ambient lighting ;)

Had it for 8 weeks or so. Back lighted changed due to water ingress, door adjust, not 100%happy with roof but apparently it is within Tesla tolerances, few software glitches...
Didn't expect it for a brand new luxury car.
My feeling is that Tesla should pay more attention to the body of the car. Tesla seems obsessed with FSD driving updates (which to me is a bit of gimmicky).

Had it for 8 weeks or so. Back lighted changed due to water ingress, door adjust, not 100%happy with roof but apparently it is within Tesla tolerances, few software glitches...
Didn't expect it for a brand new luxury car.
My feeling is that Tesla should pay more attention to the body of the car. Tesla seems obsessed with FSD driving updates (which to me is a bit of gimmicky).
I don’t disagree, however pre-virus Tesla were selling the cars hand over fist. Demand outstripped supply, in spite of the issues.

Until they feel the pressure from other viable competitors I can’t see them being sufficiently motivated to improve significantly in their weaker areas.

Not sure what FSD has to do with being able to assemble a car properly. It was said to me re problem with the roof that there are significant quality differences between the two production lines - the roofs applied by robots were very much identical in fit time and time again, those fitted by humans more variable in results.

It was very reassuring that when we took our car in for sorting (a few days before the lockdown so the decision was made to postpone leaving the car as there was no guarantee that we would get it back in a timely manner depending on the conditions of the looming lockdown) that it was the first time that Tesla acknowledged that 'your car should never have been delivered in that state' - the longest list of verified (as in Tesla agreed to fix) defects that the chap had seen. Whilst it was not said quite as straight as this, some of de delivery centres are overwhelmed at times and because of this, in some delivery centres, this affects the quality of some cars delivered as some locations have different 'standards' of what they are prepared to deliver.

So totally fixable by not rushing things and cutting corners and nothing to do with FSD. Tesla are long past the point that they can use the 'victim of their own success' excuse. They are victim of their own desire to build and deliver (highly compressed delivery schedules) more cars in a timeframe than they are capable of achieving at an acceptable consistent quality. The ability to mitigate against this is very much delivery centre specific - very different delivering 30 cars a day vs 200+ cars a day.

Not sure what FSD has to do with being able to assemble a car properly. It was said to me re problem with the roof that there are significant quality differences between the two production lines - the roofs applied by robots were very much identical in fit time and time again, those fitted by humans more variable in results.

It was very reassuring that when we took our car in for sorting (a few days before the lockdown so the decision was made to postpone leaving the car as there was no guarantee that we would get it back in a timely manner depending on the conditions of the looming lockdown) that it was the first time that Tesla acknowledged that 'your car should never have been delivered in that state' - the longest list of verified (as in Tesla agreed to fix) defects that the chap had seen. Whilst it was not said quite as straight as this, some of de delivery centres are overwhelmed at times and because of this, in some delivery centres, this affects the quality of some cars delivered as some locations have different 'standards' of what they are prepared to deliver.

So totally fixable by not rushing things and cutting corners and nothing to do with FSD. Tesla are long past the point that they can use the 'victim of their own success' excuse. They are victim of their own desire to build and deliver (highly compressed delivery schedules) more cars in a timeframe than they are capable of achieving at an acceptable consistent quality. The ability to mitigate against this is very much delivery centre specific - very different delivering 30 cars a day vs 200+ cars a day.

They want to be like Apple but have no clue when it comes to after sales, Apple succeeds on a simple product, good customer service and after sales, if I had a problem with an Apple product I book an appointment and get it fixed usually within a week (pre lockdown) and usually end up happy.

With Tesla they mess around and act like headless chickens, my experience of the service centre so far has been that they have no clue and zero organisation, they were also embarrassed about the mistakes they made from PDI to getting it fixed 5 months later as they should be (Pre lockdown)

I'm still waiting for another service request from the start of the year and this virus has only added more time to it, they talk about all these amazing features and cars coming out of their factories but they can't support them. Unless they expand capacity then they are going to have big problems when their fleet size increases dramatically and its currently taking 3-5 months without a lockdown for some issues.

They should increase their prices so that they can actually afford to support their fleet rather than running like a start up company, I have seen more organised corner shops than Tesla

Reactions: navt and Cyclone1
I'm still waiting for another service request from the start of the year and this virus has only added more time to it, they talk about all these amazing features and cars coming out of their factories but they can't support them. Unless they expand capacity then they are going to have big problems when their fleet size increases dramatically and its currently taking 3-5 months without a lockdown for some issues.
Can you not travel to a different SC? Is there any better availability anywhere else?

Reactions: Rooster6655
No its a mobile appointment already been delayed 2 months, it will be hopefully resolved shortly but still have to be concerned for future wait times
Ah right. Strange that it's mobile. I stuck some pretty mundane cosmetic stuff (chrome trim, door very slightly proud) on a mobile appointment, and that got pulled and turned into a SC appointment because I was told the mobile ranger wouldn't be able to do it.

Seems like you would've been much better off getting it in to a SC, rather than waiting an indeterminate period for a mobile ranger appointment?