Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone NOT had any issues with their Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah right. Strange that it's mobile. I stuck some pretty mundane cosmetic stuff (chrome trim, door very slightly proud) on a mobile appointment, and that got pulled and turned into a SC appointment because I was told the mobile ranger wouldn't be able to do it.

Seems like you would've been much better off getting it in to a SC, rather than waiting an indeterminate period for a mobile ranger appointment?

It’s not an issue waiting and I’d rather wait for mobile than go into the service centre as it would save me at least 5hrs

Just coming up on one year, and none of the issues mentioned have come up. Only actual issue was I got a peculiar "GPS antenna failure" error that lasted one day and then vanished after one day (was almost certainly a software issue). Otherwise no issues at all after 12,000 miles.

Not sure what FSD has to do with being able to assemble a car properly. It was said to me re problem with the roof that there are significant quality differences between the two production lines - the roofs applied by robots were very much identical in fit time and time again, those fitted by humans more variable in results.

It was very reassuring that when we took our car in for sorting (a few days before the lockdown so the decision was made to postpone leaving the car as there was no guarantee that we would get it back in a timely manner depending on the conditions of the looming lockdown) that it was the first time that Tesla acknowledged that 'your car should never have been delivered in that state' - the longest list of verified (as in Tesla agreed to fix) defects that the chap had seen. Whilst it was not said quite as straight as this, some of de delivery centres are overwhelmed at times and because of this, in some delivery centres, this affects the quality of some cars delivered as some locations have different 'standards' of what they are prepared to deliver.

So totally fixable by not rushing things and cutting corners and nothing to do with FSD. Tesla are long past the point that they can use the 'victim of their own success' excuse. They are victim of their own desire to build and deliver (highly compressed delivery schedules) more cars in a timeframe than they are capable of achieving at an acceptable consistent quality. The ability to mitigate against this is very much delivery centre specific - very different delivering 30 cars a day vs 200+ cars a day.
I think it is all to do with the focus of the company. Tesla spending a lot of time and money on FSD and feels it is crucial for its success. I am not certain if that is the correct strategy. Customers like the connectivity of the car and how it drives. They are not buying the car for FSD. Therefore Tesla should try to get the car sorted and stop being obsessed with FSD. There is so much of the car body and also connectivity software which could be improved.

I dunno, the gimmicks elevate the brand somewhat, or at least the perception of them. That could be why they are called "Autopilot" and "Full Self Driving". How many casual observers will hear about those features and think "oh yeah Tesla, aren't those the cars that drive themselves?" etc.

I actually wish Tesla would spend MORE time on stuff like FSD, or at least fixed long standing issues like gapless playback of USB media. Seems new updates add crap like Backgammon AI and other fluff no one asked for.

Reactions: Jez_GB
I dunno, the gimmicks elevate the brand somewhat, or at least the perception of them. That could be why they are called "Autopilot" and "Full Self Driving". How many casual observers will hear about those features and think "oh yeah Tesla, aren't those the cars that drive themselves?" etc.

I actually wish Tesla would spend MORE time on stuff like FSD, or at least fixed long standing issues like gapless playback of USB media. Seems new updates add crap like Backgammon AI and other fluff no one asked for.

I completely agree. If I want a games console, I’ll buy one.
I just want a car that doesn’t hit the brakes every time a bird flies past!

Reactions: Jez_GB
Good to here that VOSA seem to be getting involved. Too many incidents of fixings not being fitted properly, or at all. I'm sure some of the under floor issues are down to missing bolts - we had a couple missing, thankfully no damage reported as being done.