Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone not waiting for dual motor/performance/Ludicrous model 3 to buy a RWD Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had planned on waiting for AWD but it looks like the tax credit will be halved by the time my number would come up. So I'm going to wait and see if Tesla's delivery estimate shifts enough to get me into the second quarter. But I'm not holding my breath. If it doesn't by the time I get access to the configurator I'll be ordering the first production config. I have a feeling that Tesla will be leaving quite a bit of money on the table with the number of people thinking like me.

Last edited:
Unless the 3 could beat the S by quarter of a second or more. Then all bets are off on pricing. Or maybe that one will get different body panels and become Roadster 2.0.
You have to specify which Model S... some people are in the camp that the Ludicrous Performance Model 3 should not be able to beat the base Model S which I think is a ludicrous notion.

You have to specify which Model S... some people are in the camp that the Ludicrous Performance Model 3 should not be able to beat the base Model S which I think is a ludicrous notion.

For sure. If they can make a Super Ludicrous Performance Model 3 that can beat the Model S AND maintain reliability... they should do it. On the surface, based on weight alone it should be possible.

Charge out the nose of course.

That is why I got two reservations, one as the bird in the hand (perhaps a handmedown if the wife wants) and one as the "I learned what I actually want in a Model 3". It's possible that I don't actually want anything more than the First Production which is forcing me into the bigger battery (cheaper per mile) and the glass roof. I may not decide to use the second reservation, what with depreciation and sales tax and all...

-Randy