Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone notice 85kw battery supercharge speed slow down lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 P85 with dual chargers. Every supercharger I’ve been too with maybe 1 or 2 other Tesla’s charging and 150-250kw stations only. I’m consistently getting 60-80kw max where I used to get 110-140. What gives? :(

Yes and it sucks!! I lost about 10 miles of rated range at the same time. It basically turned my Model S into a single charge city car so long as I don't travel farther away from home than about 40 to 45% of the cars single charge range. Road tripping with the car now is just too painful one and a half hours at a supercharger for every two maybe two and a half hours of driving it's just not good. First I had to deal with the downgrade to version 9 software. if that wasn't enough now I've gotten my range and my charging speed clipped.

Supercharging has slowed down such that a solid 80 amp Tesla wall connector (when you find one) is not that much slower than supercharging. I also have a chademo adapter so access to electrify America locations is now sometimes more convenient than seeking out a supercharger because they are now just as fast and if they happen to be in the vicinity and save drive time paying for the charge sometimes is a bargain.

Yes and it sucks!! I lost about 10 miles of rated range at the same time. It basically turned my Model S into a single charge city car so long as I don't travel farther away from home than about 40 to 45% of the cars single charge range. Road tripping with the car now is just too painful one and a half hours at a supercharger for every two maybe two and a half hours of driving it's just not good. First I had to deal with the downgrade to version 9 software. if that wasn't enough now I've gotten my range and my charging speed clipped.

Supercharging has slowed down such that a solid 80 amp Tesla wall connector (when you find one) is not that much slower than supercharging. I also have a chademo adapter so access to electrify America locations is now sometimes more convenient than seeking out a supercharger because they are now just as fast and if they happen to be in the vicinity and save drive time paying for the charge sometimes is a bargain.
It's not that bad, I just got back from a 3100 mile trip and I averaged over 600 miles a day and never stopped longer than 45 minutes.

This is exactly how Tesla gets away with throttling and range capping.. folks have no clue until 18 months later
It's not that bad, I just got back from a 3100 mile trip and I averaged over 600 miles a day and never stopped longer than 45 minutes.

Well perhaps it's not all doom and gloom. I still love my Sig. and it has found it's forever home. But that being said it's not the car that it was and I'm still not happy that it's capabilities were reduced. But I will be looking to the new Model S which is supposedly to have something north of 500 miles of range... that would interest me. So I'll see what that looks like and perhaps add to my fleet when they come available.

My daughter has already spoken for my 2012 Signature so I guess she's going to get it one way or another.

• Disagree
Reactions: InternetDude