Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone offering supercharging re enable ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recertification won't give you SC back. They will repair your HV system if damaged, though (without recertification, Tesla won't touch your HV system, but they will repair everything else).

The handshake charger-car depends solely on the configuration of the car. You need to access the gateway and enable the supercharging flag. This is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT right now, as Tesla has cranked up the security, and might not be possible at all. Obviously Tesla doesn't want you to add new features to the car.

I don't think that is correct. If I've read through these forums correctly the salvage car will not fast DC charge anywhere; Neither Tesla Supercharging nor 3rd party will work.
That was in the past. Since they could get into legal trouble, they split the configuration option into SC and 3rd party, I guess just to be able to deny access to their network while keeping on 3rd party fast charging.

There are some recent posts about this in the forum. I'll link one if I find it again.

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
When the S/X got disabled Supercharging, chademo will not work also. In configuration from factory car came with enabled supercharging, not chademo. But when supercharging enabled, chademo work without problems. After disabling they both will not work. On new versions you can find someone who enable chademo for you. Supercharging cannot be enable on 2020.48 because of security level in configuration.
But maybe there is some guys who can enable it on this versions.

When the S/X got disabled Supercharging, chademo will not work also. In configuration from factory car came with enabled supercharging, not chademo. But when supercharging enabled, chademo work without problems. After disabling they both will not work. On new versions you can find someone who enable chademo for you. Supercharging cannot be enable on 2020.48 because of security level in configuration.
But maybe there is some guys who can enable it on this versions.

So you are saying that the separate configuration options are there only for Model 3/Y?