Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Order 2 Model 3s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a Tesla owner with one Model S who waited in line on day #1 and was in the store less than 45 minutes after they opened the doors and made two reservations. The first reservation is correct but they messed up my second order and have it as "late 2018". I called and talked to one representative, Chris, who said he'd look into it and that he'd send me an email but never emailed and now hasn't returned any of my 3 phone calls (one a week, every week). So then I called again and talked to another representative, John, who also said he'd look into it and that he'd send an email and he did send the email but hasn't responded back via email or phone for the last three weeks.

View attachment 246518
That's the exact same experience I have. It's frustrating because in the second reservation, it's basically the same time frame on the second reservation as making a new reservation today. I don't see what benefit I have of making a reservation a year and a half ago when I can get the same date now. Makes no sense, I feel it has to be an error

I'm a Tesla owner with one Model S who waited in line on day #1 and was in the store less than 45 minutes after they opened the doors and made two reservations. The first reservation is correct but they messed up my second order and have it as "late 2018". I called and talked to one representative, Chris, who said he'd look into it and that he'd send me an email but never emailed and now hasn't returned any of my 3 phone calls (one a week, every week). So then I called again and talked to another representative, John, who also said he'd look into it and that he'd send an email and he did send the email but hasn't responded back via email or phone for the last three weeks.

View attachment 246518
You are only granted one priority spot for reservation for each Tesla you own. If I understand, you only have one Tesla, therefore your one reservation is priority, the other is not.

You are only granted one priority spot for reservation for each Tesla you own. If I understand, you only have one Tesla, therefore your one reservation is priority, the other is not.
That's true. But your other reservation should not be moved to the back of the line. Should be treated as any other non-owner from that area who put money down on 3/31/2016. A late 2018 expected delivery date is basically what someone placing a reservation just today gets.

Reactions: No ICE

Right. I get that - although it would be nice if they'd mentioned it previously. But I'm ok with the one car, one priority thing. I'm grateful, in fact, that existing Tesla owners get any priority at all.

But here's the thing, if I didn't own a Tesla Model S already and I made two reservations that day, I'd have two reservation estimates of Nov-Jan. 2018. But because I own a Model S already, I made two reservations and one gets priority and is four weeks earlier than a non-owner and the other one of them is at the back of the line. If they had said, on March 31st 2016, "hey only make one reservation because the other one won't count" that'd be one thing, but instead I found out 15 months later that my second reservation made on the morning of the reveal basically doesn't count at all and I might as well have never bothered.

That's the exact same experience I have. It's frustrating because in the second reservation, it's basically the same time frame on the second reservation as making a new reservation today. I don't see what benefit I have of making a reservation a year and a half ago when I can get the same date now. Makes no sense, I feel it has to be an error.
I agree. It's got to be a mistake. But it's frustrating that no one will return my calls (or emails) about it.

Last edited: