Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Pissed Tesla Letting Employees all over our cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just Sat in a Model Y. Took a Million Pics

Normally I wouldn't make a fuss over this but considering all the cars were seeing in pics are 70K+ performance versions (and the one linked above could literally be my car, exact same config), its kind of discouraging to see employees sitting, opening doors wide open, and trampling all over new customer cars. The back area looks like there were three adults sitting in it going on joy rides (check out the floor pics).

Obviously everyone is excited, but there should be policies in place where movers get in the car, move it where it needs to go and get out. I want to see pics as much as anyone else, but let the owners of the cars be all over their cars and post them.

I think that blue one might be a test mule. Look at the pillar behind the driver door camera outlet. Looks like there is some pealing of the tint or material just below it and up at the top. Doubt that is how they would deliver a new car.

Just Sat in a Model Y. Took a Million Pics

Normally I wouldn't make a fuss over this but considering all the cars were seeing in pics are 70K+ performance versions (and the one linked above could literally be my car, exact same config), its kind of discouraging to see employees sitting, opening doors wide open, and trampling all over new customer cars. The back area looks like there were three adults sitting in it going on joy rides (check out the floor pics).

Obviously everyone is excited, but there should be policies in place where movers get in the car, move it where it needs to go and get out. I want to see pics as much as anyone else, but let the owners of the cars be all over their cars and post them.
I didn't read through the hundreds of posts there, but did the poster say he's a Tesla employee? I thought he was just some random guy who was at the right place at the right time and took advantage of the situation. Or wrong place at the wrong time if one is concerned about other people possibly sitting in their cars before delivery.

My main takeaway is that he felt the driver, passenger and cargo space was pretty roomy. However, he's only 5' 9", so not the best one to gauge roominess.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Sitting in it is a lot different than ragging on it via a test drive. Make sure your miles are < 10 when you take delivery if you care about such things. Price you pay when you absolutely have to have a new model the first month it comes out. In 3 months, no one there will care as it will be just another model Y.

Sitting in it is a lot different than ragging on it via a test drive. Make sure your miles are < 10 when you take delivery if you care about such things. Price you pay when you absolutely have to have a new model the first month it comes out. In 3 months, no one there will care as it will be just another model Y.

Is that the new milage thing? Ten miles. When mine was delivered in 2016 they were all listed at 50 miles.