Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model S and X don't have model badges anymore. In line with the 3.

Personally I like the badges.

I'm still curious what the standard range badging is. I have the long range and it just says dual motor. But the standard range has a dual motor too. Wonder if it will look exactly the same.

I would bet they are the same. The only difference between the SR and the LR is the battery pack. All other options are the same.

That being said, I bet the SR pack is lower voltage so might get a slower charge rate vs the LR pack, that remains to be confirmed.

49A9C928-FFEA-43C5-ABB1-3B7CED8A6CB8.jpeg
0F9E1B7F-BAD0-420B-9898-C485DF6F2F2F.jpeg
Is that a cream interior I see? My wife and I spent literally two hours in demo cars vacillating back and forth between black and cream (red exterior). We ultimately chose cream, against our usual tendency. Hope you (and we) like it!

Congrats.

Yes it is the cream interior, looks amazing. I too was back and forth on white vs cream. The oak trim and light headliner were what sold me. Don’t regret it for a minute. Too many things to play with tonight to sleep.
E5F93B29-F723-4F19-B500-7031AA77EDE1.jpeg

I would bet they are the same. The only difference between the SR and the LR is the battery pack. All other options are the same.

That being said, I bet the SR pack is lower voltage so might get a slower charge rate vs the LR pack, that remains to be confirmed.

Isn’t the battery pack the same 100kw on the SR & LR ? Only difference is the software lock on the SR?

Isn’t the battery pack the same 100kw on the SR & LR ? Only difference is the software lock on the SR?
I think that’s what the confirmation will be on. If it’s a 100kwh pack that has a software lock, then it would likely have same charge rate.

My ownership advisor indicated the SR would have a physically smaller pack. The specs on the Tesla site also indicate a lower weight for the SR model. I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

I thought they did away with the cooled seats when they didn’t offer ventilated seats anymore? Will my 7 seater have cooled as well?

Cooled/ventilated front seats have been a Performance only feature for a year or so, but all mention of them disappeared with the web page update right before the Raven cars were announced, so that comment really surprised me too.

• Informative
Reactions: davezforce
Cooled/ventilated front seats have been a Performance only feature for a year or so, but all mention of them disappeared with the web page update right before the Raven cars were announced, so that comment really surprised me too.
Since this is my first Tesla. What should I expect to come with the X. I read about them including sunshades? Are they for the falcon windows, upper front panoramic window, rear shade? Do they still come with the car or do I need to buy thru the store. I know it comes with some charging adaptors and mobile plug. I assume the receiver for the tow hitch minus a ball? What about trailer wiring adaptor? Looks like a diff connector then what is on my pathfinder. Just want to be prepared and buy what ever isn’t included. Thanks!

Since this is my first Tesla. What should I expect to come with the X. I read about them including sunshades? Are they for the falcon windows, upper front panoramic window, rear shade? Do they still come with the car or do I need to buy thru the store. I know it comes with some charging adaptors and mobile plug. I assume the receiver for the tow hitch minus a ball? What about trailer wiring adaptor? Looks like a diff connector then what is on my pathfinder. Just want to be prepared and buy what ever isn’t included. Thanks!

Floor mats should be the first item in your buying list - followed by Mobile charger and replacement LEDs for interior lights. I find interior lighting to be really low in trunk/frunk areas. In Switzerland I got Sunshades for panoramic roofs, tow hitch and charging cables for different connector types. Not sure about USA though.

• Helpful
Reactions: davezforce

I'm not 100% positive, but I think it's the same as when I bought my X almost three years ago.

If that's the case, the car is fully wired for towing with a six or seven pin plug mounted under the cutout, and they provide a Bosal 2 inch receiver that goes up into the mount. You'd need to supply the tube that goes into the receiver hitch and ball that's appropriate for your trailer.

Tesla also includes a wiring bundle to write in a trailer brake controller in the bag with the receiver.

The car comes with an EVSE and plugs for a standard household outlet and NEMA 14-50 (the most universal 240V big power standard, what a modern RV plugs into and what you'd see behind a modern stove.)

There have been recent news items about Tesla not including the 14-50 plug any more, but I think that's only for the Model 3...

You can buy plugs to use that EVSE with most outlets you'll find - the most useful beyond the basic pair are probably the 5-20 (higher current 120V outlet, often found at businesses,) and the 10-30 (older dryer plug.)

The car also comes with a J1772 adapter, which lets you plug into public charging stations.

The one sunshade Tesla includes is a mesh type covering the top half of the windshield that's got a spring loaded perimeter wire to keep it up. I really don't use it - I'm not in the really hot areas, but the coatings Tesla put in the windshield have generally been sufficient for me.

If the car is regularly outside for long periods in deep sun areas, you might want to consider an aftermarket set of the reflected insulated shades.

Cabin Overheat Protection will keep the temps manageable and turning on the HVAC from the phone before you go outside will make the car comfortable begotten you get in, but the shades would reduce the power used.

Now that we have a bunch of Ravens delivered, another thing that be useful if any of you new Raven owners go on a trip: report back on Surcharging experience. In particular, if you charge from, say, 10% to 80%, what is the peak charge rate at low battery level--150 kW? Approximately when does it start to taper, and what is your charge time for a 10-80 session?

Thanks!

Reactions: renshcp
We ordered the same config! I hope it looks as good as it did on the Model S we sat in to experience the color combo.

We generally prefer black interiors, but went with cream for the X because the light headliner really made the back of the X feel less claustrophobic. While the falcon wing mini-sunroof cutouts for the L/R 2nd-row passengers are nice, it's much darker than our Volvo (with a traditional large centered sunroof) for the 3rd-row and middle 2nd-row passengers. The light headliner helped. We also like the contrast of the black carpeting/seat backs/lower doors with the light upper.