Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8701E776-7556-47CF-B8A8-B8FABFD5F20A.png
I think it's a legacy of the time when there were options.

The standard interior only had the front seats heated, so that's on that part of the sticker.

The other part he provided does show subzero as included...

This. My raven sticker is the same way. Here is a screenshot from my app showing the heated rear seats and steering wheel from the subzero package along with the heated front seats from the base features.

New lucky owners: If you didn't buy FSD, can you confirm what your upgrade price is after purchase? Still $8k or is it now only $6k? I've heard mixed messages after the new verbiage change on the order page.

And yes, run it down to 10% and supercharge it for us and report max kW and miles/hour. Really appreciate it!

Reactions: DoubleE
I'm not 100% positive, but I think it's the same as when I bought my X almost three years ago.

If that's the case, the car is fully wired for towing with a six or seven pin plug mounted under the cutout, and they provide a Bosal 2 inch receiver that goes up into the mount. You'd need to supply the tube that goes into the receiver hitch and ball that's appropriate for your trailer.

Tesla also includes a wiring bundle to write in a trailer brake controller in the bag with the receiver.

The car comes with an EVSE and plugs for a standard household outlet and NEMA 14-50 (the most universal 240V big power standard, what a modern RV plugs into and what you'd see behind a modern stove.)

There have been recent news items about Tesla not including the 14-50 plug any more, but I think that's only for the Model 3...

You can buy plugs to use that EVSE with most outlets you'll find - the most useful beyond the basic pair are probably the 5-20 (higher current 120V outlet, often found at businesses,) and the 10-30 (older dryer plug.)

The car also comes with a J1772 adapter, which lets you plug into public charging stations.

The one sunshade Tesla includes is a mesh type covering the top half of the windshield that's got a spring loaded perimeter wire to keep it up. I really don't use it - I'm not in the really hot areas, but the coatings Tesla put in the windshield have generally been sufficient for me.

If the car is regularly outside for long periods in deep sun areas, you might want to consider an aftermarket set of the reflected insulated shades.

Cabin Overheat Protection will keep the temps manageable and turning on the HVAC from the phone before you go outside will make the car comfortable begotten you get in, but the shades would reduce the power used.
They do not include NEMA 14-50 on the model S and X.

It's a shame!!

Only the J1772 adaptor and the standard 110v adaptor. You now have to buy any other adaptor needed.

I have the HPWC so don't need any adaptors at home.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Saghost and renshcp
Now that we have a bunch of Ravens delivered, another thing that be useful if any of you new Raven owners go on a trip: report back on Surcharging experience. In particular, if you charge from, say, 10% to 80%, what is the peak charge rate at low battery level--150 kW? Approximately when does it start to taper, and what is your charge time for a 10-80 session?

Thanks!
I've done a roadtrip already charging to 100% down to 10%.

The highest charge rate I got was around 110kW. And even 90kW when next to another tesla.

I don't think I noticed any battery warm up even with the supercharger as my destination.

I also don't think I visited any unlocked V2 or V3 chargers as they all said the highest output was 120kW on the nav.

It did seem to hold the highest rate longer and didn't taper until closer to 70%-80%.

10% > 100% took less than an hour, maybe 50 min.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michelx and renshcp
I've done a roadtrip already charging to 100% down to 10%.

The highest charge rate I got was around 110kWh. And even 90kWh when next to another tesla.

I don't think I noticed any battery warm up even with the supercharger as my destination.

I also don't think I visited any unlocked V2 or V3 chargers as they all said the highest output was 120kWh on the nav.

It did seem to hold the highest rate longer and didn't taper until closer to 70%-80%.

10% > 100% took less than an hour, maybe 50 min.

Thank you for the information - it sounds like your superchargers were limited, not the vehicle.

Also fyi, "kWh" is a measure of energy (i.e. how much is currently in the battery), not a measure of charge rate. The correct unit for charge rate is "kW".

Reactions: DoubleE
Thank you for the information - it sounds like your superchargers were limited, not the vehicle.

Yep, I should have been more specific in my request. I'd like to see the data from a ~10% to ~80% charge at a 150 kW-capable Supercharger (the nav screen will tell you whether it's 120 kW or 150 kW). Would like to know max charge rate you see, approximately when it starts to drop (eg 25% battery, 40% battery, etc), and total charge time.

Reactions: Zoomit
Yep, I should have been more specific in my request. I'd like to see the data from a ~10% to ~80% charge at a 150 kW-capable Supercharger (the nav screen will tell you whether it's 120 kW or 150 kW). Would like to know max charge rate you see, approximately when it starts to drop (eg 25% battery, 40% battery, etc), and total charge time.

And finally, I should point out that if Tesla would be so kind as to deliver my car today, I'll take care of this test tonight. ;)

What's that? No chance? Nuts.

We generally prefer black interiors, but went with cream for the X because the light headliner really made the back of the X feel less claustrophobic. While the falcon wing mini-sunroof cutouts for the L/R 2nd-row passengers are nice, it's much darker than our Volvo (with a traditional large centered sunroof) for the 3rd-row and middle 2nd-row passengers. The light headliner helped. We also like the contrast of the black carpeting/seat backs/lower doors with the light upper.

The claustrophobic feeling was exactly why my wife didn't want the black interior on the X. It doesn't seem to have the same effect in our Discovery. I didn't really experience that myself, but she's the one who will be sitting in the back with the baby for a while, so she got to make that choice.

• Informative
Reactions: Zaxxon
Not sure what you are looking for. I don’t have a lift and the car sits low to the ground even on very high setting. I posted a sticker of the pack indicating 100kwh and revision E.
Many thanks for the reply. What I really want to see and if the battery pack has changed, I have this doubt. if possible a picture would be under the car, as it seems that the physical structure of the battery has changed. thank you.

The max charge rates are listed on supercharge dot info. I think you can sort their data table tab to get a list.

From that website, there's only 1 location with the max of 250 kW in Henrietta, TX.

All others max out at 150 kW.

It's interesting because the highest rated supercharges at even the Fremont, CA and all of the CA superchargers is 150 kW.

What happened to the V3 Supercharger in Hawthorne and Fremont?