Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's gorgeous and easy to see stuff you drop, cooler, and in 6 months I haven't had any problems keeping it clean. Not like I pour coffee and red wine on it, but I've noticed a few marks from time to time and quickly cleaned them up and they came up completely with little effort. Gets lots of "wows" ...

Reactions: jpfive
It's gorgeous and easy to see stuff you drop, cooler, and in 6 months I haven't had any problems keeping it clean. Not like I pour coffee and red wine on it, but I've noticed a few marks from time to time and quickly cleaned them up and they came up completely with little effort. Gets lots of "wows" ...
Same - you see the marks - the first time is a heart attack but ever since then, when you realize everything wipes off, they are awesome.

Thrilled with my white. No issues with reflections and minor dirt / marks etc clean right off (so far) with baby wipes.

The only issue I have is on the driver’s side side bolster on the seat cushion. It looks like it starting to get some “stretch marks”. But they may happen with the black as well. Don’t know for sure

Reactions: Mr X
Yes...that’s why I didn’t get white. Have seen other posts about the white dash reflecting horribly on the side windows while driving and creating quite the distraction. They’re looking for answers on how to cut down glare and reflection off the white dash...even posted photos of the white dash strip all the way up his windows.

Ski

No glare exists with my polarized/glare reducing sunglasses. Zero glare.

I have never liked black interior in any of my cars. Have had in some but still never liked it. I recognize it has many advantages, like it looks the best of any color as a car ages but....I don't like the way you can't see the details very well and everything looks about the same. Black interior just looks so dull and unexciting to me. The white is the absolute opposite to me. It is stunning and inviting with a STRONG visual uniqueness that is like seeing a nice smiling face every time I open the door. Everyone so far has been VERY impressed and ALWAYS notice it. Everyone that looks says the words white seats and no one says black seats when getting in a black interior. Also it is a super extreme contrast between the white and black (carpet). Absolutely love it and while I hated paying 1K extra it was a MUST have option and I WOULD do it again without ANY reservation.

I love white, best decision I made with the car; gives me a thrill every damn time I look at it or get inside.

Also, I just posted this in another thread: I recommend getting white decals for the door-release buttons. I got mine here from Abstract Ocean. Make sure you change the color selection to white. It really makes them pop, and it prevents every single person from pulling the emergency-release lever because they don't see the button. (Adds a fantastic grippy feel to the button as well.) If you do get them, keep in mind that when applying them, look very closely and FIRST line up the teeny thin "window" with the light on the button, then push down to attach the adhesive. That way the little light shines through at night.

I love white, best decision I made with the car; gives me a thrill every damn time I look at it or get inside.

Also, I just posted this in another thread: I recommend getting white decals for the door-release buttons. I got mine here from Abstract Ocean. Make sure you change the color selection to white. It really makes them pop, and it prevents every single person from pulling the emergency-release lever because they don't see the button. (Adds a fantastic grippy feel to the button as well.) If you do get them, keep in mind that when applying them, look very closely and FIRST line up the teeny thin "window" with the light on the button, then push down to attach the adhesive. That way the little light shines through at night.
Yeah, I got those too, the quality is amazing for the price. I got black, though.

Reactions: pete8314
I think it looks awesome, and since I'll use this for work, 95% of the time it's just me, so not worried about friends, kids, clients, etc. messing it up. However, I worry that the white on the dash may get annoying and distracting, and that the white will just wear with discoloration from my jeans, cell phone on console, etc....anyone had any problems? With the color options pretty limited, the white seats definitely give a nice "pop" and uniqueness to the car...
I have two young kids and am the regular car pool dad. LOVE the white seats and always gets clean with just water or some mild cleaner. Get the white seats, you'll love 'em.

Had for almost a month and I am liking it every day more and more.
I have a Weimaraner (dog) that goes to work every day with me. White interior staying much cleaner than on my prior car which was black. White looks amazing. I had read so many posts about the interior on the model 3 being subpar and cheap.
Coming from multiple //M BMW models and my last car was an M5; I was expecting very poor quality and perhaps I have been pleasantly surprised with how much I like the interior. I hate the wood trims which is the only available option on the model 3 with black so I went for white. Really enjoying the color and amazed on how easy to clean. It's beautiful.

Thrilled with my white. No issues with reflections and minor dirt / marks etc clean right off (so far) with baby wipes.

The only issue I have is on the driver’s side side bolster on the seat cushion. It looks like it starting to get some “stretch marks”. But they may happen with the black as well. Don’t know for sure

I had those marks too. Went over them with baby wipes and guess what - they disappeared. Apparantly they are not stretch marks at all, but just a different kind of dirt mark. At least in mine.

I have a Model X white interior x 3 weeks. This weekend we put the white seats to the test. 4 kids in boosters which included my kids and the neighbors’ kids. Waters, pink lemonade, starburst, crackers, popsicles, wet shoes, seat kicking, shoes on seats, and sticky hands. We were headed to the air show in 90 degree weather.

My son opened the ritz crackers - which promptly flew all over the car floor and seats. Neighbors’ kid dropped a sticky starburst which hit the seat and wedged under the booster. My daughter was kicking my chair with her dusty shoes until I told her to stop. Neighbor’s daughter stepped on the seats to tie her shoes. Her sticky hands from popsicle eating (outside the car not inside) left a dark smudge on the FWD white trim.

I tried to not be “that guy” and took it all in stride instead of scolding everyone. I also had coated all seats last week with CQuartz Pro Leather because I was worried about blue jeans dye transfer. Supposedly it lasts a year between applications.

Saturday night we got back. Sunday morning I vacuumed the floors and seats. Then I keep a “Tub O’ Wipes” in the trunk. I used two wipes to remove the sticky stuff and smudges and dirt marks. Took about 10min. Seats look brand new!!

Unclear if this is just the durability of the seats or if the coating helped. But now I’m hooked on coating it next year. Also the white does make me and my wife clean up the car quicker instead of letting it lag for a few days, but I think that’s a positive.

i have the white interior and have had my Model 3 for almost 3 months now. I do have slight discoloration due to dye transfer on the upper back portion of my seat...but a simple solution exists!

1 Mr. Clean eraser +
1/2 teaspoon of vinegar +
1/2 cup of water
Apply this solution in a *light* circular motion and your discoloration will come right out :) Follow up with a microfiber towel to dry and voila!

The rest of the miscellaneous things on the seats I've been able to wipe up with ease with my handy wet wipes. Cheers! -jazz

i have the white interior and have had my Model 3 for almost 3 months now. I do have slight discoloration due to dye transfer on the upper back portion of my seat...but a simple solution exists!

1 Mr. Clean eraser +
1/2 teaspoon of vinegar +
1/2 cup of water
Apply this solution in a *light* circular motion and your discoloration will come right out :) Follow up with a microfiber towel to dry and voila!

The rest of the miscellaneous things on the seats I've been able to wipe up with ease with my handy wet wipes. Cheers! -jazz
Magic Eraser is an abrasive. You're literally taking off the dye but you're also taking off the coating that protects the seat. Not worth it and you shouldn't do it - baby wipes FTW.

Magic Eraser is an abrasive. You're literally taking off the dye but you're also taking off the coating that protects the seat. Not worth it and you shouldn't do it - baby wipes FTW.

I watched as the detailer I went to did this very lightly...so as to not harm the surface. It took the dye right out! I've already tried baby wipes for this instance with zero luck. Maybe you have an alt suggestion? I'd be happy to know a different method!

I carry baby wipes with me 24/7 for whatever else! They are great on the fly!