Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes...that’s why I didn’t get white. Have seen other posts about the white dash reflecting horribly on the side windows while driving and creating quite the distraction. They’re looking for answers on how to cut down glare and reflection off the white dash...even posted photos of the white dash strip all the way up his windows.

Ski

one suggestion that has come up is to swap the dash out for the wooden one included with the black interior from someone else willing to do so or to just order the part. Quick example of how it looks.

(thumbnail shows black interior + white dash, but at 2:47 you'll see the other combination)

If I had known this I might have sprung for the white interior, as I found the car too white, but the wood dash would have been a nice balance, plus it may solve the glare issues (if only the dash is causing it)

one suggestion that has come up is to swap the dash out for the wooden one included with the black interior from someone else willing to do so or to just order the part. Quick example of how it looks.

(thumbnail shows black interior + white dash, but at 2:47 you'll see the other combination)

If I had known this I might have sprung for the white interior, as I found the car too white, but the wood dash would have been a nice balance, plus it may solve the glare issues (if only the dash is causing it)
I read on a post in here that the wood dash still reflects almost as bad as white. Just wrap it black if you find it bothers you. Even if white starts to look worse than black with age the seats still won't get blistering hot like black seats do.

I read on a post in here that the wood dash still reflects almost as bad as white. Just wrap it black if you find it bothers you. Even if white starts to look worse than black with age the seats still won't get blistering hot like black seats do.

Must really be the tint then. I have the wood interior with xpel prime xr plus 70 tint on the sides and have no issues personally

I absolutely love the white interior and no issues at all. Not sure what is this glare some people are reporting. Have not noticed any of it.

I started noticing it in the side mirrors during certain times of the day (angle of the sun) after people started posting about it here. And nope, my polarized sun glasses don't cut through it like they do other reflections. Black or dark dash would be the best solution. At least they didn't make the whole dash white like they did on some Bolts, then you can't see where your going! I think the wood would do the same, and they never made the black dash for the SR cars right? Good thing you can vinyl wrap it if you need to. I'm leaving mine white for now.

Nope -- white seems impractical, especially if you have kids.

I do wish Tesla would offer a beige...or baseball glove color interior option.
A dark brown would be nice too, or a medium gray.

Bjorn Nyland and I won’t do it again, looks stunning new but after some heavy use it is confirmed worse for wear.
Vented seats? I thought they quit making them because they do not hold up and they never offered them on the Model 3.

Just over 14,000 miles on mine and I have no issue. Last weekend I went over my seats for the first time with the suggested 15% Isopropyl Alcohol and RO water solution in a sprayer. I used a white waffle weave microfiber cloth so I could easily see what I cleaned off my seats. On the drivers seat I could see some slight amount of dirt/blue on the seat and it all came off. The remaining seats were clean and not much was on my cleaning cloth.

One of the 3rd party venders offers a carbon fiber dash in place of wood. Sorry don’t have link. That have a Matt and gloss version. Just search on YouTube. It’s pretty easy to pop out. You could wrap your console to carbon fiber too.

I have not noticed wood reflecting at all. Prior Jeep had black with white stitching on the dash that drove me nuts.

Where’d you get the center console wrap? Looks stunning
kUico6e.jpg

not one bit.
wred

Vented seats? I thought they quit making them because they do not hold up and they never offered them on the Model 3.

Just over 14,000 miles on mine and I have no issue. Last weekend I went over my seats for the first time with the suggested 15% Isopropyl Alcohol and RO water solution in a sprayer. I used a white waffle weave microfiber cloth so I could easily see what I cleaned off my seats. On the drivers seat I could see some slight amount of dirt/blue on the seat and it all came off. The remaining seats were clean and not much was on my cleaning cloth.

Can you clarify for me what "RO water solution" means? I have some blue on my white driver seat from jeans and I am looking for a way to remove it and want to try this method! I'm only 2k miles in! Thanks so much :D -jazz

Can you clarify for me what "RO water solution" means? I have some blue on my white driver seat from jeans and I am looking for a way to remove it and want to try this method! I'm only 2k miles in! Thanks so much :D -jazz
Oh, that is reverse osmosis water... I use that or distilled water. The water in Ohio is very hard, may not be an issue where you are. I try to keep hard water and chlorine away from my car interior.

Reactions: Jazz_MIII