Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone still getting deals on demo cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I already missed the boat on this but was reading some posts back in March that people were getting 5k+ discounts on the M3. I just called a showroom and asked about demo cars and they didn't seem to have any. Also asked about 2018 models and they didn't seem to have any. Are they checking the same list available online?

I was particularly looking for a Long Range RWD or AWD, preferably RWD.

If you were able to get discounts on your car recently, can you forward me your OA info if you are in the Southern California area.

The general thinking is that you’ll see that again toward the end of the quarter (mid/late June). Not sure whether there will still be 2018 models, but some kind of meaningful discounts are expected. Not guaranteed, of course, but that’s how it went last quarter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
Maybe I already missed the boat on this but was reading some posts back in March that people were getting 5k+ discounts on the M3. I just called a showroom and asked about demo cars and they didn't seem to have any. Also asked about 2018 models and they didn't seem to have any. Are they checking the same list available online?

I was particularly looking for a Long Range RWD or AWD, preferably RWD.

If you were able to get discounts on your car recently, can you forward me your OA info if you are in the Southern California area.

Doubt if you'll see any LR RWD demo cars. People are having to special order them.

The general thinking is that you’ll see that again toward the end of the quarter (mid/late June). Not sure whether there will still be 2018 models, but some kind of meaningful discounts are expected. Not guaranteed, of course, but that’s how it went last quarter.

I heard or felt like Tesla won't have any demo car for discount. I will guess the discount car will still there but it will people return from the 7 day policy. The demo car is used for test drive. Tesla is closing so much of store - there is a less chance to get a good discount demo car. They will discount but it will be very less - you won't consider it compared to the new car in my opinion.

My owner advisor has actually helped quite a few TMC members find and purchase their vehicles. I'm happy to refer him to anyone! Feel free to PM me since I don't wanna just spam his inbox.

He has informed me that price adjusted "deals" are pretty rare now, since that was a huge Q1 push.
He did say that Performance models have a better chance though.

(Congrats Brandoz71!!!)

Reactions: Brandoz71
Thank you so much man! A little patience definitely paid off big!

My owner advisor has actually helped quite a few TMC members find and purchase their vehicles. I'm happy to refer him to anyone! Feel free to PM me since I don't wanna just spam his inbox.

He has informed me that price adjusted "deals" are pretty rare now, since that was a huge Q1 push.

(Congrats Brandoz71!!!)

(Congrats Brandoz71!!!)

Sent you a PM

Ask about inventory cars. I was looking for a demo car late April but none were available. I instead ended up with an April build 7 mi. LR rear motor car with "free paint" which worked out to a $2K discount. Check the Tesla store at the Shops at Mission Viejo.

I went into the Mission Viejo store as well and they were offering a $1,500 adjustment to offset paint. This apparently was the only incentive in April. Not sure if anyone was able to get anything recently. Not sure what their Q2 projections will be, but with the reduced tax credit I was hoping they would offer more manufacturer incentives to stimulate sales. Anyone else have any luck in May?

Yes and no I'm not going to comment on loan rates and warranties although they should sell the car with a warranty of some kind.

The demo car will come specced out meaning it will have all the toys and it will have optional extras that other cars won't have due to their owner thinking twice about the cost.

The reason for this is the manufacture will make a demo car to show off what the car comes with, what the car can do and this will lead to the manufacture to generate some sales.

The only down side is demo cars have had many customers in the passenger seats(to get feel of car), and many different drivers behind the wheel at events.

But there is savings to be made when buying a demo car and make sure you haggle on price and a warranty is a must.